Draft Picks and their new uniforms

swilson160

Maybe it's just me...but does Leinart look like he's going to be sick to any of you guys? Noticed the same thing on draft day - and figured it was more the disappointment of slipping to number 10. But even in this picture, it looks like the thought of playing in Arizona is about to make him :puke:

Yeah, playing with Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, AND Edgerrin James is going to be soooo tough for the lad. My heart weeps for him.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you listen to the interviews with Leinart, he sounds generally excited to be with the Cardinals, not to mention that he's also excited about learning from Kurt Warner...he also mentioned that he's going to be "Kurt's shadow".

Seems like he has a great attitude with the whole thing. Also happy to have the ability to play golf year-round!

If you listen to the interviews with Leinart, he sounds generally excited to be with the Cardinals, not to mention that he's also excited about learning from Kurt Warner...he also mentioned that he's going to be "Kurt's shadow".

Seems like he has a great attitude with the whole thing. Also happy to have the ability to play golf year-round!

The turnover machine will be injured or benched again before too long, so Fat Denny needs to get the rookie coached up.

I found it interesting that the jerseys used at the draft and in most of these pics are the white ones. You would think they would use the colored home jerseys. But its fine for me, since I prefer alot of the white jerseys instead.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

my bad, Santonio Holmes will wear 10. I found that article again. for some reason i thought 10 was off limits. i guess no one notable has worn 10 since the rule change. i hope he erases the stigma of kordell off of that number.

I dunno, when I think of 10, I think of this guy...

BULGERMAN.jpg

He's pretty good, don't you think?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

rams80, I think he meant no notable wide receiver has worn No. 10 (since the rule changed to allow it).

And jkorkie, could it be that they used the white jerseys because they matched up so nicely with those all-white draft caps? Just a thought. It did seem unusual, though.

Two years ago, due to the increasing amount of retired numbers and more wide receivers and tight ends coming into the league, the NFL allowed those position players to wear either 10-19 or 80-89. A number of wide receivers have been wearing lower-numbered jerseys since, among them Larry Fitzgerald of Arizona (11), Plaxico Burress of New York and Braylon Edwards of Cleveland (17), Randy Moss of Oakland (18) and Troy Williamson of Minnesota (19).

On a side note, last week's new uniform unveiling showed that Williamson is ditching #19 for #82.

7650.jpg

well he's not posing with it, but here's Bobby Carpenter's Cowboy jersey. Funny...even though Dallas doesn't retire numbers, I thought certain ones were off limits (12, 22, 8). I can't help thinking Randy White every time I see this picture.

carpenter.jpg

newsig.jpg

rams80, I think he meant no notable wide receiver has worn No. 10 (since the rule changed to allow it).

[threadjack] Wideout was one of "Slash's" positions? [/threadjack]

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I dunno, when I think of 10, I think of this guy...

I still think of Fran Tarkenton. But that's the little kid in this 50-year-old guy.

Now, about Reggie Bush ... I'm REALLY sure NFL officials on the field are going to go, "Hmmm. That No. 5 for the Saints must be a quarterback or a kicker." I mean, officials may be blind, but they're not stupid.

well he's not posing with it, but here's Bobby Carpenter's Cowboy jersey. Funny...even though Dallas doesn't retire numbers, I thought certain ones were off limits (12, 22, 8). I can't help thinking Randy White every time I see this picture.

carpenter.jpg

well there was a GREAT linebacker who wore it before White.

Chuck Howley of the original doomsday defense.

He was Super Bowl V MVP..and is in the Ring of Honor:

Chuck Howley (born June 28, 1936 in Wheeling, West Virginia) was an American football linebacker who spent most of his career with the Dallas Cowboys.

Drafted out of West Virginia University by the Chicago Bears in the first round of the 1958 draft, Howley played for the Bears for two seasons before retiring after what appeared to be a career-ending knee injury during the 1959 season. When Howley decided to make a comeback in 1961 following a West Virginia alumni game, the Bears traded his rights to the Cowboys for draft picks.

Howley played with the Cowboys for 165 games over thirteen seasons, playing in two NFL Championships and helping the Cowboys to two Super Bowls. Howley was also named Super Bowl MVP for Super Bowl V, the first time that a defensive player received the honor and the first and so far only time a player from the losing team won the award. During his career, Howley intercepted 25 passes, returning them for 399 yards. He also had a large number of tackles and quarterback sacks, but these statistics were not compiled until after Howley's career ended. He retired after the 1973 season.

In 1976, Howley was inducted into the Ring of Honor at Texas Stadium, the fourth player to receive that honor.

Archived