Draft Picks and their new uniforms

swilson160

rams80, I think he meant no notable wide receiver has worn No. 10 (since the rule changed to allow it).

[threadjack] Wideout was one of "Slash's" positions? [/threadjack]

That's why I put "since the rule changed." Kordell was a WR before it.

There was a wide receiver from the Lions who wore #10, I can't remember his name. 

#10 for the Lions was Vines, right? 

And that, I'm guessing, is why SoxSteeler originally used "notable."

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rams80, I think he meant no notable wide receiver has worn No. 10 (since the rule changed to allow it).

There was a wide receiver from the Lions who wore #10, I can't remember his name. 

You know what would be REALLY clever? Assuming a player has a choice, when entering college he should choose a number within the NFL guidelines for his position. A little forethought would keep them from having to whine about not getting their college number in the pros.

Bush won't get number 5, 'cause if he does, Mario will want #9, Edgerrin will renew his appeal for #5, and on and on. The league is not about to open Pandora's box.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

You know what would be REALLY clever? Assuming a player has a choice, when entering college he should choose a number within the NFL guidelines for his position. A little forethought would keep them from having to whine about not getting their college number in the pros.

Well put.

These guys know the regulations going in. If they want a consistent number throughout their entire career, they should think ahead. :rolleyes:

THE FUTURE!!!!

Laurence Maroney, and Chad Jackson.

imgdyn_888.jpg

What an odd picture..."We'll get a jersey for Maroney...but for Chad, I guess we'll just have him hold up a jacket or somethin'..." :grin:

It was a joke, because Chad is from Florida, and the Patriots play in the cold. So he got a jacket.

spikes.jpg

rbnojerseyw4-29-06gif.gif

Edit: Just realized this pic is from draft day.

From another thread:

According to the current Saints roster, the only #'s available between 20-49 are:

32 36 39 40 41 42 43 45 48 49

Their 2nd rounder, Roman Harper, wore 41 at Alabama for whatever that's worth.

I think Harper wore 14 in high school. Since Tyler Watts already had the number at Alabama, and since Harper was now a defensive player, he got 41 instead.

I'm thinking that Roman wore 14 in high school, but his older brother wore 15 for a while at Troy until Roman switched to 41 at Alabama, so then he switched to 41 for either his junior or senior year. I'm thinking that his brother wore 15 at Troy because Roman wore that number in high school.

I'm glad for Roman. I know his dad, a former NFL player, very well.

THE FUTURE!!!!

imgdyn_888.jpg

What an odd picture..."We'll get a jersey for Maroney...but for Chad, I guess we'll just have him hold up a jacket or somethin'..." :grin:

My guess would be that Maroney got a jersey b/c he was their 1st rounder

and Jackson wasn't

saBS.png

THE FUTURE!!!!

imgdyn_888.jpg

and Jackson wasn't

Nope. See above.

spikes.jpg

THE FUTURE!!!!

imgdyn_888.jpg

and Jackson wasn't

Nope. See above.

Sorry Didn't read the whole thread before I replied

Here is a story about Roscoe Parrish and him being afraid of the snow

Parrish

There was also more to the story that said he refused to go to practice on the

first day of snow until Mularkey called and threatned to suspend him

saBS.png

Bush won't get number 5, 'cause if he does, Mario will want #9, Edgerrin will renew his appeal for #5, and on and on. The league is not about to open Pandora's box.

According to the NCAA's rulebook, the numbers listed at the positions are suggested. There is not a true numbering system in college or the Arena Football League for that matter. The truth of the thing is that there are instances where a kid comes in and wears a jersey that fits his more than what is position is. Also, Kordell wore number 10 in high school.

dodgers-1.png

I saw a kid at school wearing an A.J. Hawk Green Bay Packers Jersey today. I guess it doesn't take long to get them out there.

I'll be wearing a Laurence Maroney Pats jersey as soon as they determine his number and put out his replica. This time of year always kills me when the new draft pick jerseys come out - I always have to be the first to pick one up.

It's a disease.

I saw a kid at school wearing an A.J. Hawk Green Bay Packers Jersey today. I guess it doesn't take long to get them out there.

I'll be wearing a Laurence Maroney Pats jersey as soon as they determine his number and put out his replica. This time of year always kills me when the new draft pick jerseys come out - I always have to be the first to pick one up.

It's a disease.

Same here. I can't wait for the Maroney jersey.

spikes.jpg

That is funny because anytime I've tried to get a newly drafted players jersey I've been told that it is not available until the player signs. You can order it but it won't ship until he signs. I wonder if that was an officially licsenced jersey?

Archived