I was sitting in my cube the other day, talking about the draft. (I'm a Broncos fan). One of my co-workers (A Raiders fan! Ech!) approached and after I told him I'd already bought my Jay Cutler jersey, told me that he was destined to failure. He asked me how many other good players wore #6? I couldn't answer him. I thought. I thought and thought. All I could think of was Bubby Brister. I KNOW there were tons, and that I'm going to hit myself later when I see them. So everyone, post your famous #6s! Football preferred so I can make the argument, but post any sport for the fun of it!

I was sitting in my cube the other day, talking about the draft. (I'm a Broncos fan). One of my co-workers (A Raiders fan! Ech!) approached and after I told him I'd already bought my Jay Cutler jersey, told me that he was destined to failure. He asked me how many other good players wore #6? I couldn't answer him. I thought. I thought and thought. All I could think of was Bubby Brister. I KNOW there were tons, and that I'm going to hit myself later when I see them. So everyone, post your famous #6s! Football preferred so I can make the argument, but post any sport for the fun of it!

* Toronto Maple Leafs: Ace Bailey, right wing, 1928-1933

* Phoenix Suns: Walter Davis, guard/forward. 1977-1988

* Philadelphia 76ers: Julius Erving, forward, 1976-1987 (also see 32)

* San Diego Padres: Steve Garvey, first baseman, 1983-1987

* Detroit Tigers: Al Kaline, outfielder, 1953-1974

* St. Louis Cardinals: Stan Musial, outfielder, 1941-1963

* Minnesota Twins: Tony Oliva, outfielder/designated hitter, 1962-1976; coach, 1976-1978 and 1985-1991

* Boston Celtics: Bill Russell, center, 1956-1969

* Orlando Magic and Sacramento Kings: Honorary number representing fans; stands for "the 6th man"

Try coming up with a decent #26, besides Petr Stastny.

Chris Carpenter?

Der Kaiser: Franz Beckenbaur.

Joe Torre

Petr Stastny is all you should ever need.

Sol Campbell, Rio Ferdinand or John Terry....whoever is gonna wear the #6 for England at the cup this year.

#26 Billy Williams ChC

Antonio Daniels wears number 6 right now. He's probably about as good comparatively as Bubby Brister was.

Here's a super famous number 6:

027-00073fl.jpg

Antonio Daniels wears number 6 right now. He's probably about as good comparatively as Bubby Brister was.

Here's a super famous number 6:

027-00073fl.jpg

Does it pain anyone else to see that pic of Ewing in a magic jersey?

Wade Boggs wore 26 in Boston. As for 6, it doesn't have a great NFL history; I can think of Marc Wilson and Joe Nedney off the top of my head.

Martin St. Louis

EDIT: And Steve Sullivan, although I'm not sure if he wore it before going to Nashville.

headshot.jpgcar.jpg