Famous #6's

mediocreguy

I was sitting in my cube the other day, talking about the draft. (I'm a Broncos fan). One of my co-workers (A Raiders fan! Ech!) approached and after I told him I'd already bought my Jay Cutler jersey, told me that he was destined to failure. He asked me how many other good players wore #6? I couldn't answer him. I thought. I thought and thought. All I could think of was Bubby Brister. I KNOW there were tons, and that I'm going to hit myself later when I see them. So everyone, post your famous #6s! Football preferred so I can make the argument, but post any sport for the fun of it!

I was sitting in my cube the other day, talking about the draft. (I'm a Broncos fan). One of my co-workers (A Raiders fan! Ech!) approached and after I told him I'd already bought my Jay Cutler jersey, told me that he was destined to failure. He asked me how many other good players wore #6? I couldn't answer him. I thought. I thought and thought. All I could think of was Bubby Brister. I KNOW there were tons, and that I'm going to hit myself later when I see them. So everyone, post your famous #6s! Football preferred so I can make the argument, but post any sport for the fun of it!

* Toronto Maple Leafs: Ace Bailey, right wing, 1928-1933

* Phoenix Suns: Walter Davis, guard/forward. 1977-1988

* Philadelphia 76ers: Julius Erving, forward, 1976-1987 (also see 32)

* San Diego Padres: Steve Garvey, first baseman, 1983-1987

* Detroit Tigers: Al Kaline, outfielder, 1953-1974

* St. Louis Cardinals: Stan Musial, outfielder, 1941-1963

* Minnesota Twins: Tony Oliva, outfielder/designated hitter, 1962-1976; coach, 1976-1978 and 1985-1991

* Boston Celtics: Bill Russell, center, 1956-1969

* Orlando Magic and Sacramento Kings: Honorary number representing fans; stands for "the 6th man"

Der Kaiser: Franz Beckenbaur.

#26 Billy Williams ChC

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sonny Sixkiller.

t_16351.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Antonio Daniels wears number 6 right now. He's probably about as good comparatively as Bubby Brister was.

Here's a super famous number 6:

027-00073fl.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Antonio Daniels wears number 6 right now. He's probably about as good comparatively as Bubby Brister was.

Here's a super famous number 6:

027-00073fl.jpg

Does it pain anyone else to see that pic of Ewing in a magic jersey?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Try coming up with a decent #26, besides Petr Stastny.

Martin St. Louis

EDIT: And Steve Sullivan, although I'm not sure if he wore it before going to Nashville.

Try coming up with a decent #26, besides Petr Stastny.

Rod Woodson

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Archived