Dodgers concepts

Discrim

first, I'll offer up the Los Angeles set. some of you have seen the striping style before, on the first version of THE Ohio State uniform. Now I shall finally explain: way back in the day when they were in Brooklyn, the Dodgers toyed with pinstripes, and apparently liked em so much they threw on horizontal pinstripes as well, making for a checkerboard pattern.

so now I finally unveil the set.

home

dodgershome.png

road

dodgersroad.png

alternate

dodgersthird.png

by the magic of the refresh button, you should now see thinner grid stripes, along with a few other changes.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

and now I present the Vero Beach set. Vero Beach is not only the Dodgers' spring home but also the domain of their Florida State League team. Vero's caps traditionally have a unique VB logo over half a grapefruit, which inspired me to add a quirk to the homes

verobeachhome.png

yup, that's the grapefruit under the front number (I'd thought about doing so on the back instead, but I figured that'd be overkill). sticking with Dodger tradition, I kept the ubiquitous red front number on all three sets.

I don't know if Vero uses a "Vero Beach" script in any way, otherwise I'd have also used the grapefruit number on the roadie. this was a better route than using a script that looks nothing like the Dodger script

verobeachroad.png

and finally, the alternate, which comes with alternate stirrups/socks. hey, when in Florida...

verobeachthird.png

the grapefruits on the shoulders, I figured made sense somehow, and you gots to admit this kicks ass ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

[Mod edit: Removing it here, too.]

Great constructive criticism :rolleyes:

Dis, I'll never know what goes on in that head of yours. I think the concept might be better if you got rid of the alternate-colored button panels for the home and away jerseys (keep 'em for the alternates, though). That's about it. And don't worry about the people who don't understand the subtleties (or lack thereof) of your style.

As for Vero Beach, these are easily the better of the two. It's simple for your style, and I really like how you worked green into the color scheme. The alternates work well for a team in the Florida State League.

QPR%20Sig.png

I think the concept might be better if you got rid of the alternate-colored button panels for the home and away jerseys (keep 'em for the alternates, though). That's about it. And don't worry about the people who don't understand the subtleties (or lack thereof) of your style.

As for Vero Beach, these are easily the better of the two. It's simple for your style, and I really like how you worked green into the color scheme. The alternates work well for a team in the Florida State League.

I completely agree. I like the alternates in terms of a concept, but I don't think they'd work in practice, as they would look like garbage pick-up men with the safety green shirts.

d208-LG.JPG

Regardless, I really like the grapefruit behind the number. Unique. :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I actually like your Vero Beach ones a lot. The home and away are great and even the alt is nice imo. The LA one...let's just say your ideas are always very interesting and fun to look at. I think it would work better if they looked more real and not so much like perfect squares on a grid like that. But a good job, especially on Vero Beach.

teamsnew2.png

Whooooooooooooooa what wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilll he think of next?!?

Okay, yeah. It's wacky and zany and out of the box, but can't you tell that a big thick checkerboard pattern looks like crap? They look like they're made out of bathroom tile. The Vero Beach one is actually really cool, but I don't know what made you think the Dodgers should look like walking Scrabble boards.

Observation on filling in the placket: when a rookie does it he gets reamed by everybody, but here we're all like "wow I never thought of it that way!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No offence, but the first one is kinda...butt ugly.

the Vero Beach is nice, but IMO the alterante would look better if it was dark blue or black. I like how the number is a different colour on the front than it is in the back.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

This post has been edited by zer0dotcom on some time in the future

FBI_Bar.jpg

women_lover.gif

and now I present the Vero Beach set. Vero Beach is not only the Dodgers' spring home but also the domain of their Florida State League team. Vero's caps traditionally have a unique VB logo over half a grapefruit, which inspired me to add a quirk to the homes

verobeachhome.png

yup, that's the grapefruit under the front number (I'd thought about doing so on the back instead, but I figured that'd be overkill). sticking with Dodger tradition, I kept the ubiquitous red front number on all three sets.

I don't know if Vero uses a "Vero Beach" script in any way, otherwise I'd have also used the grapefruit number on the roadie. this was a better route than using a script that looks nothing like the Dodger script

verobeachroad.png

and finally, the alternate, which comes with alternate stirrups/socks. hey, when in Florida...

verobeachthird.png

the grapefruits on the shoulders, I figured made sense somehow, and you gots to admit this kicks ass ;)

wait if its LA why dont they do spring in arizona??!?!?!

THEY ARE CALLED PINSTRIPES! Just make the lines a hairline thick and people might actually go for it. If you look at the old Brooklyn unis, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I did, where'd you think I got the idea? I do see what everybody's talkin about, as I made em too thick for the numbers to be really legible. heh, you can blame a picture of a Japanese pitcher I saw a while back (I think it was that Daisuke cat, though I'm not 100% sure)...and the stripes on his uni were chalkstripes.

come later, the stripes will be thinner (though not pinstripes exactly, slightly thicker than that)

2016cubscreamsig.png

heh, their spring roots in Vero Beach predate their move to LA...I figure they stay there out of tradition. oddly enough, you likely wouldn't be asking this had the Cubs decided to move their spring home to Florida in the late 80s, as then the rest of the Cactus league would have followed the Cubbies east.

2016cubscreamsig.png

heh, their spring roots in Vero Beach predate their move to LA...I figure they stay there out of tradition. oddly enough, you likely wouldn't be asking this had the Cubs decided to move their spring home to Florida in the late 80s, as then the rest of the Cactus league would have followed the Cubbies east.

actually the Dodgers are in negotiations with the city of Goodyear right now to bring the Dodgers to the Cactus Leagues

way back in the day when they were in Brooklyn, the Dodgers toyed with pinstripes, and apparently liked em so much they threw on horizontal pinstripes as well, making for a checkerboard pattern.

Thin out and multiply the checkerboard pinstripes like below and you're on your way. I doubt it would work light checkerboard on dark jersey.

a blown up old photo

1916_Pfeffer_Jeff_2x.jpg

the slightly easier to see rendering 1917 HOF Brooklyn Uni's

Archived