6,600 at the Marlins game the other night

StarrDogg

6,600 was the announced attendance. There couldn't be more than 2-3,000 people there. It's pathetic. I can't say I blame the "fans" because 2 stars and a bunch of young prospects isn't going to get their butts in the seats. Sure, attendance has been poor for awhile, but that has to be the main reason why no one's going. They've sold off the team.

I go to about 20 games a year. I went to my first of the season this past Saturday and there was NO ONE there. They were giving tickets away for FREE earlier at the Dolphins' draft party and still no one turned out. It's just sad. I'd hate to see them go, but this city doesn't deserve a baseball team.

Miami is one of the WORST sports cities in the country. Aside from the Dolphins, there isn't going to be much interest in the local teams unless they're championship contenders (See "Miami Heat") I'd like to see the Marlins stay, but there are other cities that deserve a baseball franchise over South Florida.

Well I dont blame the fans only I blame Miami the city you buil 2 Arenas 1 for the Heat 1 for the Panthers why cant they share like everywhere else. The Panthers would do just fine at the AAC or the Heat at the Office Depot Center.

SHoudl have built 1 arena and built the stadium the Marlins have needed forever.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tank, Miami didn't build an arena for the Panthers, that's up near Ft. Lauderdale. Still, it does seem odd that of all the teams to not share with the NBA team, the Panthers and Coyotes get their own rinks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If Miami builds it, and in the right place, they will come.

But here's the thing - winning, by and large, cures attendance problems. When your team is under .500, you aren't going to draw all that well, even in May.

This team has one 2 championships and they still couldn't draw. Winning only matters down here once the playoffs start.

THe Jeffrey Loria game plan is working wonders again.

Why the hell does MLB even let that man own a team?!

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Tank, Miami didn't build an arena for the Panthers, that's up near Ft. Lauderdale. Still, it does seem odd that of all the teams to not share with the NBA team, the Panthers and Coyotes get their own rinks.

In defense of the Coyotes I believe the Suns arena was terrible for hockey. I remember watching the Devils play there the first year the Yotes were in Phoenix and they showed how if you sat in the middle level at the end of the rink and not in the first row you couldn't see half of the closent zone because it was an overhang. The arena was built for basketball and made to fit a short basketball court not a long ice rink. You can't play hockey in an arena were some fans can't even see the goal.

If Miami builds it, and in the right place, they will come.

But here's the thing - winning, by and large, cures attendance problems. When your team is under .500, you aren't going to draw all that well, even in May.

What about when your team is winning 2 World Series in their mere 13-year existence? Weren't they still among the bottom 2 or 3 teams in MLB when they had talent?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

In defense of the Coyotes I believe the Suns arena was terrible for hockey. I remember watching the Devils play there the first year the Yotes were in Phoenix and they showed how if you sat in the middle level at the end of the rink and not in the first row you couldn't see half of the closent zone because it was an overhang. The arena was built for basketball and made to fit a short basketball court not a long ice rink. You can't play hockey in an arena were some fans can't even see the goal.

Agreed. America West Arena was a terrible place for hockey. There was something like 30% of the seats didn't have a full view of the ice. About half of the upper deck had a limited view and in one corner the view was less than half of the ice. Glendale arena has been an incredibly addition to not only the town of Glendale but Arizona as a whole. It has become the busiest arena in the US. In fact, it was voted the #1 venue in the US last year. Regardless of how bad the Coyotes have been in the last few years, if you have the money and the tax payers are willing to pay, why not let them have their own rink?

PopHeading-1.gif

Loria strikes again. Now it's easy to realize how baseball failed in Montreal, because the same thing is happening in Florida. Both teams have dropped from the top to the bottom in a matter of a couple of years.

1zqy8ok.gif

In Florida it rains half the summer its hot its muggy its miserable you need a retracable roof baseball only team built in the right spot not in the middle of nowhere like Dolphin Stadium.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Isn't there a good dedicated local ownership group down there that would buy the team from Loria? At the rate he's going the Marlins will be done in a couple of years.

One word that will solve this problem:

BARNSTORMING!

no home games, just road games.

Speaking of failed Loria-owned teams, remember when there were rumors back in 2003-04 that the Expos were thinking of playing their home games at Fenway Park when the Sox were on the road?

Weird... :wacko:

Archived