IIHF World Championships

beesharps

Norway :

NORL.jpgNORD.jpg

As expected, more of the same - dull, generic, ugly, crap. Odd, though, that the IHWC site still shows the old style of Sweden and Switzerland jerseys (despite the fact that the Swedes have unveiled new Swift uniforms recently).

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

Odd, though, that the IHWC site still shows the old style of Sweden and Switzerland jerseys (despite the fact that the Swedes have unveiled new Swift uniforms recently).

The new Swift jersies for Sweden are made by Reebok, not Nike.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The main logo for Norway is rather uninspired. They took the bear out of the patch that's on the left shoulder and put him in another circle, wow great graphic design solution Kinkos.....err I mean Nike.

We did a much better front logo on 1998, I'll try and dig it up and post it.

Odd, though, that the IHWC site still shows the old style of Sweden and Switzerland jerseys (despite the fact that the Swedes have unveiled new Swift uniforms recently).

You are wrong my friend. The IIHF jerseys are all made by Nike and the jersey we saw was for a smaller international tournament and not an IIHF event from what I can remember.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

You are wrong my friend. The IIHF jerseys are all made by Nike and the jersey we saw was for a smaller international tournament and not an IIHF event from what I can remember.

Which was his point I think. Because they were made by RBK Sweeden can't use them in an IIHF tournament. Meaning they never really got new uniforms so we can all rejoice.

Norway's jerseys have the same logo that they've had for a while (at least since 2002), as have Slovenia, Ukraine, and Denmark. They've just been Swift-ized.

2755.jpg

1082.jpg

%7B6F17E673-CC55-48A8-9F12-8577F8BDCBAE%7D.jpg

The Norwegian national team's logo on its jersey comes from the official seal of the Norwegian Ice Hockey Federation.

%7BFBBD8137-2D76-4FDF-83E5-101B2BF6B199%7D.jpg

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Which was his point I think. Because they were made by RBK Sweeden can't use them in an IIHF tournament. Meaning they never really got new uniforms so we can all rejoice.

Yep, that was my point. I think that this is the last go-around for the old Swedish Tre Kronor at the IHWC though. Resistance is futile. <_<

you are correct. From what another post said, the RBK swift version was for a smaller non IIHF sanctioned tourney.

Rule of thumb is IIHF = Nike. In non-IIHF tournies teams could wear whatever they want. Also keep in mind that Nike has side contracts with some countries hockey governing bodies, like Canada. So you won't see everyone flip-flopping jerseys from tourney to tourney.

The exception to this is the Olympics. The IOC governs that but has a partnership with the IIHF who in turn is partnered with Nike. Since the IOC is in charge of this one, that's you won't see the big IIHF tag at the jersey or hem or adverts.

The Norwegian national team's logo on its jersey comes from the official seal of the Norwegian Ice Hockey Federation.

%7BFBBD8137-2D76-4FDF-83E5-101B2BF6B199%7D.jpg

oh I know, I designed those jerseys. Just think it's rather lame all they did was remove the type, then add the same patch just smaller to the left chest.

The biggest change has to be Belarus, now using their coat of arms/crest as a main logo when in the past it was just a small patch on the upper left chest.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Any particular reason that Belarus didn't get to have their country's name written in their alphabet? Russia got Cyrillic on their sweaters, and Ukraine got their alphabet (modified Cyrillic) on theirs. I realize many Belarusians use a modified Latin alphabet when writing their language, but the Cyrillic alphabet is Belarus's only official alphabet. Plus, they had Cyrillic jerseys when they pulled the upset on Sweden, which is where most people got their first glimpse of the team (and the kick-a$$ pattern they had on the sweaters, adopted from the national flag).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I actually like the Ukrainian one (outside of the different coloured armpits)...the tryzub is the best logo out there...

What makes it so head and shoulders above the rest? The fact that it's exactly the same as the rest?!

The main logo for Norway is rather uninspired. They took the bear out of the patch that's on the left shoulder and put him in another circle, wow great graphic design solution Kinkos.....err I mean Nike.

We thought we did a much better front logo in 1998, I don't think they ended up using it though.

I'll try and dig it up and post it.

here's that logo I mentioned:

norway.jpg

Archived