Sign in to follow this  
brinkeguthrie

Trent Dilfer to Niners?

He should go back to the Ravens. Seeing him in that #8 will bring Baltimore memories of 2000.

He wore 12 in Tampa

He wore 12 in Tampa

I have an Adidas replica with ole No. 12.

sp-trent.jpg

...why? They tried the whole "washed-up player" deal with Lawrence Phillips, Cade McNown, and Rashaan Salaam. Did...not...work.

And for the love of god, if they give him #8 (or #16), I will cease to be a Niners fan. I'm not even kidding.

Trade offical Dorsey to Cleveland wow I dont know about this one, I think Dorsey has more upside teh old washed up Dilfer.

Trade offical Dorsey to Cleveland wow I dont know about this one, I think Dorsey has more upside teh old washed up Dilfer.

Thats a TERRIBLE trade!!!!!! Thank God im not a Niners fan.

The Niners definitely better know something I don't. :blink:

The Niners definitely better know something I don't. :blink:

Apparently they need someone to throw the ball to Vernon Davis, because Alex Smith can't get the job done yet.

yeah it is. both are horrible quaterbacks. atleast Dilfer has some what of an arm compared to Doresy's limp noodle.

yeah it is. both are horrible quaterbacks. atleast Dilfer has some what of an arm compared to Doresy's limp noodle.

Yeah but you never trade a fairly young guy for a dude who has about a half year left in him. How Dilfer is still in the league is beyond me.

Yeah but you never trade a fairly young guy for a dude who has about a half year left in him. How Dilfer is still in the league is beyond me.

It's because Dilfer is a great tutor for young quarterbacks. Matt Hasselbeck and Charlie Frye both benefitted from having him either starting ahead of them, or being their backup. Dilfer may not have the arm strength, but he does have the ability to manage a game well and can minimize the number of mistakes on the Niners' side of the ball, something the Niners' offence desperately needs.