If you hate the suns' alt reading 'phx'

Discrim

i present the logical next step from abgreviations...the UNC area code

after teh suns unveiled their PHX oranges, i started thinking about doing this in some way.  logically, the next way to go is the area code...so here we go.  btw that's the Chapel Hill code, so after seeing that i threw this together.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Nike put "UNC" on the Tar Heels' basketball uniforms a few years ago. They also had "M" on the Michigan uniforms. Michigan kept those for a year I think where UNC kept theirs for 2 years. I didn't like it at all. It's "North Carolina", not "UNC". I've never heard the school called "UNC", it's always "North Carolina" or just "Carolina", just like Michigan is never called "M". While this may work for USC and UCLA, it doesn;t fly with the Tar Heels.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It's "North Carolina", not "UNC". I've never heard the school called "UNC", it's always "North Carolina" or just "Carolina", just like Michigan is never called "M". While this may work for USC and UCLA, it doesn;t fly with the Tar Heels.

You obviously don't live here then. Here in the fabulous Raleigh-Chapel Hill-Durham-Cary-Apex metroplex (okay, I exaggerate slightly), its almost always "UNC" or simply "Carolina."

North Carolina State is almost always just "State."

Duke is almost always never mentioned. :D

nav-logo.png

• 2 weeks later...

The funniest/scariest thing about that lik to the area code hats is that the Yankees have 2 numbers -718 and 212 - I guess the only thing that changes more often these days than professional sports logos/uniforms are area codes.  A great combo really.  

Too funnny....

Discriminhater has ho's in different area codes :P

Seriously, I thought I've seen everything from you, but now you pull this out.  I have no idea how your thought process works in designing, but you definitely go out on a limb and think differently than the masses.  Props for that, and the jerseys don't look too bad with the area code, actually  :cool:

QPR%20Sig.png

When Nike made those uniforms for Michigan and North Carolina, it was UNC that only wore then for a year.  Michigan was the team that wore for about three years until I think last year when they went back to the Michigan script.

Seriously, I thought I've seen everything from you, but now you pull this out. I have no idea how your thought process works in designing, but you definitely go out on a limb and think differently than the masses. Props for that, and the jerseys don't look too bad with the area code, actually :cool:

ya thought you saw everything, mose?  i'm just getting started! :D  

Bucks concept w/area code on shorts

i'd actually done this before the UNC one, but didn't get much in the way of response. cus it's on the back of the shorts, it's not as noticeable.

and well, now that new era stole my idea (j/k, they probably had this idea for a while), you gotta figure majestic's gonna make matching jerseys :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

MAD MACS FROM THE TRIANGLE! IM FROM THE TRIAD!!

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Nike put "UNC" on the Tar Heels' basketball uniforms a few years ago. They also had "M" on the Michigan uniforms. Michigan kept those for a year I think where UNC kept theirs for 2 years. I didn't like it at all. It's "North Carolina", not "UNC". I've never heard the school called "UNC", it's always "North Carolina" or just "Carolina", just like Michigan is never called "M". While this may work for USC and UCLA, it doesn;t fly with the Tar Heels.

Joseph_Forte.jpg

Just in case anyone forgot what the Carolina uniforms looked like when they just went with the logo...

Anybody think the Rockets wanted to do this with their "R," but were shot down by the League?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived