Twins New Stadium

vikmurphy

I rather like what they did in Green Bay and Cleveland - sell naming rights to the gates and have a traditional stadium name (although Cleveland Browns Stadium is lame, but then who would you name it after? Paul Brown? The team's got his name and Cincinnati's using Paul Brown Stadium. Art Modell? (JUST KIDDING) Jim Brown? Well...maybe. We haven't done a damn thing since 1964 Stadium?

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

If we're going to name ballparks and stadiums for corporations, then at least let's do the right thing -- name it after beer.

Coors Field is fantastic. Miller Park is great. So is Busch Stadium.

Too bad Hamm's isn't still owned by brewers in the Twin Cities. That would have been a great name for a stadium -- Hamm's Field.

So, if we want it named for a beer brewed locally, how about Grain Belt Park?

Or we can go just a few miles east into Wisconsin and call it Leinenkugel Stadium.

There's also Pig's Eye Park. :D

Too bad Hamm's isn't still owned by brewers in the Twin Cities. That would have been a great name for a stadium -- Hamm's Field.

Spam Field would be a more likely name than Hamm Field.....

I saw, I came, I left.

A few options:

Target Park

General Mills Field (though that's more a headline in a newspaper than a name for a ballpark)

US Bankcorp Park

Best Buy Stadium

OR

dimensions:

RF: 450 ft

RCF: 495 ft

CF: 535 ft

LCF: 480 ft

LF: 445 ft

Ballpark of America. Build it adjoined to a part of the Mall or better yet, put it right inside.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

yeah... that'll work....... coors field's longest shot was 496 ft from piazza, and that's in the thin air! Imagine hitting 535 ft in minnesota!

You totally missed his joke. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The naming rights will probably go to TCF Bank, unless they are only getting invloved with the Gophers more.

Why would there be two TCF Bank sports stadiums? I could see them jumping on board with the Twins if the legislature shoots down their $35 million to the Gophers football deal, but if that's still on the table, there's no way we end up with TCF Bank Stadium and TCF Ballpark...

Moose

dimensions:

RF: 450 ft

RCF: 495 ft

LCF: 480 ft

LF: 445 ft

Those would be ideal dimensions. The Twins hit no homers, so why not take the homer away from the opponents.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived