Phillies Minor League crossover

TBGKon

After hearing that the Charleston Riverdogs and Greenville Drive were wearing unis inspired by their parent clubs, I decided to see what my local Clearwater Threshers would look like in Phillies garb and heres the final product:

ThreshersPhils.png

I know all I did was modify the wordmark, but do you think a concept like this could fly for just one promotion?

I like the idea a lot, if it doesn't get too much in the way of a minor league team's colors (it's always bugged me that the Tacoma Rainiers are the same colors as the M's, not the old Seattle Rainiers).

One comment on this Threshers design, though, is I would try to flush out the 'r's and make them more cursive. Those stops in there look a little awkward to me.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I like the idea a lot, if it doesn't get too much in the way of a minor league team's colors (it's always bugged me that the Tacoma Rainiers are the same colors as the M's, not the old Seattle Rainiers).

One comment on this Threshers design, though, is I would try to flush out the 'r's and make them more cursive. Those stops in there look a little awkward to me.

rainiers colors never bothered me, if only theyd ditch the mountain hat though. too busy, rather, a teal green hat with the rainiers "R".

anyways, the font just doesnt say "threashers" its just too smooth.

f only theyd ditch the mountain hat though. too busy, rather, a teal green hat with the rainiers "R".

Seconded. I just don't dig cap logos that are significantly wider than they are tall.

Sorry to be off topic there.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

anyways, the font just doesnt say "threashers" its just too smooth.

If you read above, this concept was meant to reflect the Threshers parent club, the Phillies, as a promotional uniform (a one time thing)

Cool idea for a one time thing. I'd try to get some blue on the jersey some how. I know they don't have "i"s to dot, but maybe throw some stars on there anyway?

Also, a white C on the hat would work better than the shark. Not the C with waves that they used to use, but a C that matches your wordmark.

Also, like RRLL said, try to make the letters connect more.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What if the blue stars were actually inside the upper part of the "e"s?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The stars don't look right at all. Perhaps on the blank sleeve at the hem. I don't think they are needed though. Back in the '60's and '70's many teams below AAA wore unis like their parent club. I think the rebranding of the teams to root them more in their local area helped with the boom of the minors. What you did is fine for a one night thing but I would hate to see a return to the ho-hum minors.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Cool idea for a one time thing. I'd try to get some blue on the jersey some how. I know they don't have "i"s to dot, but maybe throw some stars on there anyway?

Also, a white C on the hat would work better than the shark. Not the C with waves that they used to use, but a C that matches your wordmark.

Also, like RRLL said, try to make the letters connect more.

ya i read that i was just saying the phillies font doesnt work well with the treshers

heh, the first one was better IMO. the hat with the regular logo seems to work better than the attempt at a Phillie-like hat, and you don't need the stars. basically, that's subtraction by addition.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived