Things That Bother Me About NBA Unis

rebelx

I thought this might be a fun little exercise: why don't people on this board cite stuff that bothers them about various NBA uniforms from the past or present. I'm just curious to know what kind of gripes people have with different sets. ^_^ I'll contribute my own later.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like how teams wear their alts and throwbacks TOO DAMN MUCH. I understand why they do it (to sell more jerseys) but it completely lacks continuity.

The Heat jerseys bother me. First of all, I loved the original Heat design, and this garbage Nike template design pales compared to it.

However, the biggest problem with the Heat jerseys is the fabric. When the players start to sweat, the jerseys change colors. This is most apparent with the red jerseys. By the middle of the second quarter, it looks like the jerseys are burgundy. If they are going to use the shiny material, they should at least use one that doesn't show sweat as much, like the one the Bulls use.

Also, teams having a logo on the back of the neck pisses me off.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Shiny baggy vests instead of, y'know, basketball jerseys.

bengordon.jpg

I prefer matte fabric that's actually shaped correctly.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Heat jerseys bother me. First of all, I loved the original Heat design, and this garbage Nike template design pales compared to it.

Actually, the Heat have some of the best uniforms in the league IMO. For all of Nike's unforgivable sins, I have to say that I really like the wishbone jerseys a LOT more than tank tops.

This, to me, is the perfect storm of bad NBA design elements coming together...

bucks2030105.jpg

Shiny fabric

Wide shoulders

Different colored jersey fronts and backs

Bad design

All those elements need to get the F out.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I dislike:

V-neck jerseys

Wide shoulders

NBA logo on right side instead of on left (there is NO reason for this!)

logos on the upper back of the jersey

too much use of black (Knicks and Sixers, ditch the black!)

Stupid looking futuristic designs (yo Rockets, Suns!)

Vomit colored jerseys (Kings alts)

Extremely ugly throwbacks (Knicks)

New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets: horribly cut

Houston Rockets: shiny fabric

Seattle SuperSonics: shiny fabric

Denver Nuggets: shiny fabric

Charlotte Bobcats: shiny fabric

I don't have a problem with the V-necks, just Reebok's version of them. I think Nike did a much better job.

Too many teams using the Navy/powder blue color scheme. Okay, when Dallas did it that was fine. But Memphis and Utah, what's your excuse?

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

I, for one, love the logo on the back of the neck.

gripes:

- stop with all the black jerseys already.

- stop with all the pastel colors already.

- stop with all the red, white, and blue all ready. gimme something original.

- stop with all the throwbacks. there's a REASON they dont wear them anymore: they sucked.

- v-necks are stupid.

- wide shoulders are stupid.

- any tight fabric on the arms and/or legs is stupid. you look like a fool. stop.

- why does 80% of the designs look interchangeable? you could switch the colors and have the same uniform.

SigReflect.png

A consistent color of shoes. If I see one more white shoes/white sock team at home that wears black shoes/black socks on the road, I will flip.

Also, when the playoffs come around, do something cool. Black shoes, headbands, shaved heads, all alts. SOMETHING!

A consistent color of shoes. If I see one more white shoes/white sock team at home that wears black shoes/black socks on the road, I will flip.

Also, when the playoffs come around, do something cool. Black shoes, headbands, shaved heads, all alts. SOMETHING!

i konw one thing, I like when the Nets break out red socks for home playoff games...but I'm with ya on the shoes/socks thing. socks should be a team color or white (preferably with some sort of striping), it drives me crazy when I see teams who don't use any black, like the Bucks or the Nets, in black socks.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I dislike:

V-neck jerseys

Wide shoulders

NBA logo on right side instead of on left (there is NO reason for this!)

logos on the upper back of the jersey

too much use of black (Knicks and Sixers, ditch the black!)

Stupid looking futuristic designs (yo Rockets, Suns!)

Vomit colored jerseys (Kings alts)

Extremely ugly throwbacks (Knicks)

so with your standards, everyone wheres white, NBA logo on left, no logos, and team name in Times New Roman?

Too many teams using the Navy/powder blue color scheme. Okay, when Dallas did it that was fine. But Memphis and Utah, what's your excuse?

Don't forget Denver did that too. Though the yellow is the predominate 2ndary colory in both road jerseys, the road unis are Sky Blue or the alternates of Navy

Wide shoulders and logos above the player name is what bother me the most. Oh yeah, can't forget about having the team name smack dab in the middle of ones ass crack. I never did get that one. Anyway, I have a bigger problem with NFL's newer jersies than I do with the NBA uni's.

Archived