Uniform pet peeves

Discrim

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

_Kobe's long underwear/tights and Allen Iverson's shooting sleeve. (Larry Bird, Dr. J, The Big O, Clyde "The Glide",'Nique and Wilt "The Stilt"didn't need them, neither does Kobe or The "I". Doctor's note or not.

_Pinstripes on gray road jerseys.

_Baseball players with their pants so low that we can't see any socks/stirrups.

_The Baltimore Ravens (Hideous looking logo that incoroprates the Maryland flag with the checkerboard and strange number fonts)

_The J'ville Jaguars (Bad colors and bad number fonts)

_The Oregon Ducks (Bad, Bad, Bad)

_The Minnesota Wild (Poor jersey design and. Poor choice of colors)

_The Atlanta Thrashers.(Poor choice of logo, name, colors and jersey layout. Two different logos on their home and away jerseys)

_The Arizona Diamondbacks (looks like abad and cheap tattoo)

_The Colorado Rockies (they have gray pinstripes)

_The "Dodgers" patch on their road jersey and the "LA" patch on their home..

_Black anywhere on the Cincinnati Reds jerseys.

_The Chicago Cubs navy BP jerseys, and the "walking cubbie bear" andthe N.L. patch logo on the sleeve. (Love the numbers though.)

_The same color pants/sox combo in football.

_The same logo on the helmet sleeves & pants in football.

_Basketball jerseys with the wide shoulders and shorts that are below the knees.

_People who wear the number 0, 00 or 99 (Gretzky yes...Turk Wendell, no). Add 69 to that too. It is not funny nor original.

_People who wear the number 13. Unless you are a shortstop from Venezuela.

_Those Nike underwear shirts with the dots on them.

_The Pittsburgh Penguins Las Vegas gold (anywhere, they need to go back to the mustard yellow or old gold.)

_And you know when a new team (in just about every league) is going to be based in Texas, they are going to use the same old tired formula with putting a Texas flag in the logo. (Pride or not, it is no longer inspiring or original.)

_San Francisco Giants cream jerseys and the NHL ASG cream colored jerseys (Oh yeah, the game was in Minnesota. See the Wild entry.)

_The San Deigo Padres home jersey color (undescribable).

Shall I go on? :D:D:D

Well that is a Rule & how long it has been enforced i don't know .

What rule number is it?

I'm pretty sure that the NBA has rules about how often a team can change its uniform - perhaps you are thinking of them?

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/fans/article.jsp?id=2732

Read that ^^^ it has a bit on the rule in there .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

_Kobe's long underwear/tights and Allen Iverson's shooting sleeve. (Larry Bird, Dr. J, The Big O, Clyde "The Glide",'Nique and Wilt "The Stilt"didn't need them, neither does Kobe or The "I". Doctor's note or not.

_Pinstripes on gray road jerseys.

_Baseball players with their pants so low that we can't see any socks/stirrups.

_The Baltimore Ravens (Hideous looking logo that incoroprates the Maryland flag with the checkerboard and strange number fonts)

_The J'ville Jaguars (Bad colors and bad number fonts)

_The Oregon Ducks (Bad, Bad, Bad)

_The Minnesota Wild (Poor jersey design and. Poor choice of colors)

_The Atlanta Thrashers.(Poor choice of logo, name, colors and jersey layout. Two different logos on their home and away jerseys)

_The Arizona Diamondbacks (looks like abad and cheap tattoo)

_The Colorado Rockies (they have gray pinstripes)

_The "Dodgers" patch on their road jersey and the "LA" patch on their home..

_Black anywhere on the Cincinnati Reds jerseys.

_The Chicago Cubs navy BP jerseys, and the "walking cubbie bear" andthe N.L. patch logo on the sleeve. (Love the numbers though.)

_The same color pants/sox combo in football.

_The same logo on the helmet sleeves & pants in football.

_Basketball jerseys with the wide shoulders and shorts that are below the knees.

_People who wear the number 0, 00 or 99 (Gretzky yes...Turk Wendell, no). Add 69 to that too. It is not funny nor original.

_People who wear the number 13. Unless you are a shortstop from Venezuela.

_Those Nike underwear shirts with the dots on them.

_The Pittsburgh Penguins Las Vegas gold (anywhere, they need to go back to the mustard yellow or old gold.)

_And you know when a new team (in just about every league) is going to be based in Texas, they are going to use the same old tired formula with putting a Texas flag in the logo. (Pride or not, it is no longer inspiring or original.)

_San Francisco Giants cream jerseys and the NHL ASG cream colored jerseys (Oh yeah, the game was in Minnesota. See the Wild entry.)

_The San Deigo Padres home jersey color (undescribable).

Shall I go on? :D:D:D

A bit anal ? jesus

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I will say this much I this teams with there color Combinations would be more innovative. instead of all the same thing over & over & just calling it . Deep Steel Blue & Battle Red , when you know what colors those are .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Well Bucco I agree to a point about the lack of Teal I miss it but I do like the Road Jerseys , They have a nice balance with the Teal & White at home & White & Black on the road , they look sharp , plus it helps define that this is the New Era in Jaguars history . , as to how ever long this last , But as for the Black Jersey I like it & the fact they put more gold into it ., I don't like the all black look I just don't I think it would look better if we had the Black top & white pants . the Black Pants without the stripes are bad also .

Yeah I can see you ClayStation about the "new era" Jags--my other NFL squad (TB/JAX all day!). In a way, I guess just cuz they got black #s with black pants, they do look a lil leaner (well--some of them, to say nothing about Stroud or Henderson--they just big any damn way), but to me it just don't seem like the blank pants style fit those oh-so-cool numerals they use (some of the best in pro sports IMO). Im thinking the striped black pants they used sparingly about two years ago would add a lot of pop with the white tops, especially considering their white pants have stripes.

As for the black top/white pants combo, I'd have to see that to see how it could look. But I bet it wouldn't be bad at all.

Your sig image reminds me of how much I miss the ol' Buccanneers orange.

Your sig image reminds me of how much I miss the ol' Buccanneers orange.

I was wondering if anyone else felt my pain on that one. It's a mixed bag bleeding Buccaneer blood (I was about to slip up and say orange but...then that would have REALLY added to it). On the one hand, those creamsicles looked so damn GOOD on the field (well, the toned-down orange of like '92-97, reference my boy Hardy Nickerson in the sig). I loved that rendition. On the other, I like the pewter power just as much.

(Aside: crazy how a team named for a pirate, which is associated with BLOOD, gets identified first with cotton candy ORANGE and THEN with PEWTER...just my two rusted pennies...)

Never Know what Thankgiving may Bring

If Ol' Man Glazer got anything to say about it, it WON'T bring back my beloved oranges (which, then again, I suppose COULD represent our state cash crop, the orange). Glazer and 'em swear up and down and the other way around they want to stay as FAR AWAY FROM THE CREAMSICLE DAYS AS POSSIBLE.

See, that's the problem with buying a team after they get good. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Glazer bought that team in like '96, '97, somewhere in there. Anyway, what I'm getting at is there are some people--the DIE-HARDS like me, who've been just as loyal to the same horrible Buccaneers of old (save for '79 and '82) as the newl rebranded version, and would JUST ONCE like to see those orange-and-whites take the filed JUST ONCE, just to fancy them. That's connecting with a fanbase--give them what they want, epecially those who've been there from JUMP, not just those WHO JUMPED--on the bandwagon, that is.

And you can't tell me that the Bucs in those orange sets, under the stadium lights, wouldn't present an intimidating prescence on the line of scrimmage with all that orange comin' atcha. (Remember--this team's calling card is DEFENSE--and those seeds were planted during the creamsicle days.)

One time for NOSTALGIA!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived