My super bowl field

Puckguy14

To the best of my knowledge, I've created the Super Bowl field.  This is what I expect it to look like.  We won't know until Media Day on Tuesday and that's when I will put together the banners and "official-like" wallpaper.  For now, here is my Super Bowl field.  This is half of the size, if you want the full size, email me!

Super Bowl XXXVII field - no need to copy and paste

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The font is called Canadian.  I put in bold because the regular style didn't look right.  To get the numerals right I had to alter the 2 just a bit.

Good job on that field.  I can't see how it'd be painted any different.

On a side note, does anyone else despise the dueling helmets on the thirty-five that have been in place since they changed the field format for the Packers-Patriots Super Bowl.  I really wish they'd put the NFL logo at the thrity-fives (the way it was done in Super Bowl, and either put the teams logo or the helmet in the end zone on the other side of the conference logo.

On a side note, does anyone else despise the dueling helmets on the thirty-five that have been in place since they changed the field format for the Packers-Patriots Super Bowl.  I really wish they'd put the NFL logo at the thrity-fives (the way it was done in Super Bowl, and either put the teams logo or the helmet in the end zone on the other side of the conference logo

I can remember when the NFL shield was at the 50, the game logo was inside a football at the 35s and the endzones had the team helmet on either side with the logo appearing as it should on one of the helmets and the conference logo appearing in the other helmet.  I'm guessing the NFL thinks it can get more mileage pushing team-logo'd merchandise if the helmets are more prominent and have more exposure during the game (unless it's a high-scoring game or the teams get pinned in their own ends a lot, the odds favor a camera being in between the 35's more frequently than in the end zones).

And I would think that Puckguy is dead-on with his well-done artwork, unless the Raideh's decide to use silver instead of black as a background.  Also, I'll be interested to see how pewter plays out on the field.

The NFL logo started being on the 50 since VI or VII, not sure, and the Super Bowl logos would be on the 30, the only time this was reversed, to my knowledge (i watch alot of ESPN's "Super Bowl Memories") was XXV

I like the new field design. I always thought the Super Bowl logo should be at the 50, and the dueling helmets are actually a throwback to the first few Super Bowls when they painted the helmets on either side of the the mid-field logo.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This just in!  If you look carefully, the Bucs 20 yard line is pewter and red.  They havent started on the helmets i guess.

here's the pic courtesy of Yahoo! Sports

capt.1043172554super_bowl_gos109.jpg

Archived