Illinois Football concept

pcgd

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, as an illinois alum we need something...anything...to put some excitement in the program. and nothing says 'excitement' like looking s-h-a-r-p while down 49-3 midway thru the 3rd quarter hosting michigan.

i really like the design. didn't expect to when i saw the pants stripes, but i do. as far as the logo on the helmet, I actually think it looks sharp. something about it is modern and classy. and it's not like we have all that much to work with. RIP Chief.

I like the helmet logo. I prefer Illinois in their actual shade of blue, which is less navy. If you lighten the blue and put the helmet logo on an orange helmet, you might have a winner.

Can we all agree that Illinois' current helmet has to go?

Everyone loves a roundel.

Excellent.

Perfect shade of orange, too.

Two things that I'd think about changing:

Add the feathers (or something else) to the circle. I really like the "circle I", but it is a little generic and something to represent the mascot would be great.

I really think that the numbers on these would look better with no outline. The sleeve and pants striping is so awesome, I think that the numbers should be as basic as possible so as not to distract at all from those aspects of the uniform. I'm not saying use a standard block font (I actually think you chose a good font (Padres?)) just no trim.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Font is texans. Probably can't use that, but something similar to that I'd be happy with in real life.

If it was up to me I'd put the Chief Logo on the helmet. But that's not going to happen so I wanted to attempt to make something appeasing with the crappy set of logos they currently have. The Circle I is a nike creation but I rather like it. Its better than the Italic underlined "ILLINOIS" that is currently on the helmet. then that gets slapped in front of a block I...wow...awesome...

Anyway, thanks for the comments so far.

I like it, it is a more professional look than what they have. However, as a Purdue student, everytime you play Illinois the only color you see is orange. I think it would be a tough transition from Orange helmets to blue. Especially because the orange is unique in conference play.

Otherwise, great concept.

-dwboiler

someone mentioned to use something that represents the logo more.....well, since our logo is a block I, I think that the Block I in a circle you used works. the NC double :censored:s (ALVIN MACK PROGRAM reference, holy cow!) decided that Chief Illiniwek was offensive to Native Americans.

EDIT: I apologize for the "A-hole" that was censored. I got caught up in the moment and my love of James Caan movies

the more i think about these the more i absolutely love them. i don't get excited by too much i see on the site here, but this is phenomenal. kudos. kudos. the ONLY thing i could think of was an alternate sock for the blue pants, but that's so minimal. i really really like these alot. i wish there was a way to import uniforms into ncaa football games.

Very nice, I especially like the helmet.

One thing I'd like to see, just for curiosity sake, is orange numbers on the white jerseys. I doubt it would look better, but I'm curious.

One last thing, the belt colors are all wrong.

SigReflect.png

Its better than the Italic underlined "ILLINOIS" that is currently on the helmet. then that gets slapped in front of a block I...wow...awesome...

What do you expect from Ron Zook?

And I'll add my kudos to the crowd for your design. Quite Ace. :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

these are frickin hot. :shocked: did u make everything yourself?

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived