Illinois Football concept

pcgd

I think the uniform, minus the helmet, look great. I would also like to see this concept with an orange helmet, and I think you have a winner. The only problem I have is with the logo used on the helmet, I just don't think its very good. Perhaps just the block "I" by itself on an orange helmet, or the current logo (not the text, but the indian head) that Illinois uses would look really nice.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(not the text, but the indian head) that Illinois uses would look really nice.

That'd be great, but they can't use it.

Just because I love you all...

newillinois6.jpg

Changes: Compare the 2 different orange helmets and the blue one and orange numbers on white jersey.

I could go either way.

Original Design in actual Illinois colors instead of Bears colors:

newillinois8.jpg

Design with Orange Helmets:

newillinois9.jpg

The "traditional" combos:

newillinois7.jpg

This is me avoiding freelance work right now...

For some reason, I seem to like the helmets now that they're not so dark a blue.

I don't know why. And I still don't like the I with the circle in it. But it does look a lot better than before.

Maybe if Illinois were forced to change its name, which could very well happen, there could be new ideas for the helmets. Personally, I like the name and the Chief logo, but, of course, that won't fly (fooey on you, NCAA).

For some reason, I seem to like the helmets now that they're not so dark a blue.

I don't know why. And I still don't like the I with the circle in it. But it does look a lot better than before.

Maybe if Illinois were forced to change its name, which could very well happen, there could be new ideas for the helmets. Personally, I like the name and the Chief logo, but, of course, that won't fly (fooey on you, NCAA).

Name is here to stay. Illini is a combination of the word Illinois and Alumni so its ok. The actual tribe in question was the Illiniwek.

Logo was fazed out awhile ago (at least from on the field uniforms and signage)

The ideal Illini helmet would be orange with the Illiniwek face on the helmet, but I do like this concept quite a bit.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Great balance, the lines are clean and consistentent, and the striping pattern is unique. On the original design in actual Illini colors, I can't find a single uni combo that wouldn't work (the Texans numbers really fit well with the striping). Nice work, Pat.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived