Color disfiguration

thornadott

Heres my Problem:

I was coloring a logo on MS Paint, just messing around. When I finished, I saved the file. However, when I reopened it, and zoomed back in to work some more, the color was disfigured and looked smudged. In what format must you save this sort of file? Thanks

(yes, i looked in the TFAQ but couldn't find an answer)

Owner of CC Louisville Fantasy Athletics.

pacer.gif

ind2-sm.gifreds2-sm.gifind1-sm.gifindiana1-sm.gifmiami-sm.gif

The problem (besides the fact that Paint sucks) could be a lot of different things.

What did you save it as? A bitmap? Cause there are different qualities of bitmap (and JPG and GIF and TIFF actually) and if you chose a low one, it's going to look like garbage.

Whenever you can do a couple of things...

1) make your image large...so that any detail compromised is less important

2) try to preview your image before you click save...If you save it and it looks gross, undo it or have a backup copy.

3) Save as a .gif or .jpg.

Colors will get confused between programs, between CYMK and RBG and if you save as a low quality image...the program might take your 64 color image and make it 32 and quite arbitrarily.

Hope this helps.

EDIT - BTW this is not, repeat NOT an endictment of the fact that you have to use paint.  Its fine that you are working with what you have available.  I dont mean for it to sound.....ya know......like rude.  I used to design in MS Word! before I got my Adobe stuff.  By any means necessary!

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Up until my senior year in high school, I used msPaint on a computer that could only display 32 colors. I used to hand draw anti-aliasing and use checkerboards to create more colors! Man it sucked, but it sure made me appreciate real programs a lot more. :)

jw, is there any way to download someting that is better than paint?even if it is a trial?

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

look into Adobe's PhotoShop LE (or Elements).  it's the basic core of PhotoShop, but for beginners (less features, but more than plenty for most users).  it's still a very powerful tool for image editing and it's less than $100 USD.  if you find you need to upgrade, the professional version is the industry standard (and much more expensive).

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

look into Adobe's PhotoShop LE (or Elements). it's the basic core of PhotoShop, but for beginners (less features, but more than plenty for most users). it's still a very powerful tool for image editing and it's less than $100 USD. if you find you need to upgrade, the professional version is the industry standard (and much more expensive).

You can purchase software from academicsuperstore.com if you are a student, and get software for a lot less than retail. The new Adobe Creative Suite retails for $1200, but you can buy it for $400 if you are a student. I know a lot of people bash educational versions, becasue they say they are limited or you can't upgrade them but they are the exact same version and you can upgrade them. Or check eBay for older versions and see what you can get them for.

Whatcha gonna do when the Ultimate MegaPowers run wild over you!

UMPPrimarySig.jpgUMPWarriorSig.jpgUMPAltSig.jpg

look into Adobe's PhotoShop LE (or Elements). it's the basic core of PhotoShop, but for beginners (less features, but more than plenty for most users). it's still a very powerful tool for image editing and it's less than $100 USD. if you find you need to upgrade, the professional version is the industry standard (and much more expensive).

cool. thanks a lot guys. illd ef, look into that cause ive never really made a good logo on the comp. i just draw them, and i want to put them on a computer, so this is def. my first step

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Archived