Sign in to follow this  
nwtrailtrekker

Yankees Alt. Logo & Jerseys

It looks good, but for some reason, the branch of the Y that's holding the hat looks a little off. I don't what it is, I guess it's just a little off center since it's supporting the hat. But other than that, they look nice.

It looks good, but for some reason, the branch of the Y that's holding the hat looks a little off. I don't what it is, I guess it's just a little off center since it's supporting the hat. But other than that, they look nice.

I think the issue with the Y is an optical illusion.Perhaps if you extended the arm of the Y and kept the brim out from between the arms of the Y it would solve that problem. This is a the best Yankees concept I have seen on here IMHO. I could see this as a holiday special.

That is really good. I think it could be their alt. logo some day...but as we all know the teams will not even talk to us. I also agree that it is the best Yankees concept so far. IMO!!

That is AWESOME!

I can see that as a Spring Training logo

It would look sweet on a hat

It's difficult for me to praise anything Yankees related, but I have mustered the courage to say that this is an excellent alternate logo. I think it would be a great choice for, say, a Sunday uniform or even just a special one-day uni like for July 4th.

For these, I think the player name should be added, too. All in all, well done. :)

i don't think it's an optical illusion. i think the branch of the Y with the hat is off. it's thinner at the base and extends up a bit awkward. That said, I think it's a pretty tight design. It's so difficult to do any updates for the traditional teams, but this works. well played.

In order to rid yourself of the off kilterness, I would say that if you move the hat, as if it was resting on the left part of the arm, it would appear to be hanging off the arm, not in this case, levitating. Just a thought. Still the best, and most simple, concept in a while.

The thing with the angle of the arms of the Y has bugged me for ages, but - as nwtrailtrekker says - it is just the way the logo is (check out the Yankees alternate logo's on Sportslogos).

Personally - I wouldn't change the hat logo away from the traditional interlocking NY, but do love this logo on the jersey. Good work!

I really like where this can go.

That being said, I think it would benefit if you tickered with it to find the best position for the hat so it looks more natural.

Keep at it!

That is fantastic!

It combines two traditional logos into one logo that looks as if it's been around for a long time. That's damn hard to do. And it was done wonderfully.

Whoa!

I can't believe that such a simple and creative idea worked so well. Kudos, NWTT - this is really good. If it were mine, I'd call it done. No changes needed - just shrink it a little bit so it fits better on the jersey - the tophat is creeping into the armpit a little bit.

Damn good stuff, damn good idea, and well executed.

sorry to resurrect this dead thread but look at this:

1_640.jpg

I saw this at lids today and I found a pic on the website. This concept has always been one of my favorites and now its used. Do great minds think alike or did someone get the idea from this site.

I saw someone wearing a hat with that logo a couple of months ago (in the correct colors (Navy, white NY and red and white hat)