Mlb offseason sale

moose97

I just recieved the MLB Shop sale e-mail, and in addition to the teams I knew about (San Diego, Toronto), the San Francisco Giants home, road and alt. hats are on sale, as are the Seattle home, and Tampa Bay alts.  Anyone know of changes to these teams hats, or uni's?

Moose

Could be that they're discontinuing the alt cap (I hope - I'd much prefer an orange alt with a black bill) and/or perhaps making a subtle tweak to the regular caps, like adding cream trim to the lettering.  Perhaps someone in the Creamerboard Bay Area Bureau has some insight.

OK...here's a rundown:

1. The Giants are getting rid of all their alternate jerseys.  Just going with the home Cream, road Grays, and BP jerseys.

2. Seattle's getting rid of the Navy Blue home cap, with the Northwest Green bill.  Just going with the all-Navy cap for both home and road.

3. Tampa Bay's dropping the Black caps, and going with the all-Green caps for both home and away.

I've got the complete list of 2004 MLB changes on my site at SSUR.org...

1)so the Giants are finally making it official...nice idea with the blacks, just offset with a bad idea of making the lettering black as well.  

2) it's official...all the M's need now is pinstripe homes to become the Yankees of the Pacific.

3) i couldn't tell they HAD green hats...i just thought tampa had just the black.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Texas Rangers (addition of home alternate uniform - new 2004 alternate pants replaces 2003 Home white pants)

Please, not an NFL-esque monochromatic set.  Please, no!

Colorado Rockies (addition of alternate jersey / addition of alternate caps)

They used a purple cap on a couple occaisions last year, but I don't think it was their official alt cap.  Is this the look they're gonna use regularly?

Jeez, could the Mariners drop the teal or "Northwest Green" anymore?  It's a sad day for those who loved the M's look when it came out 10 years ago.  If anyone can find a Mariners alt teal jersey, let me know!

From the Chris Creamer Board - Bay Area Bureau

Yes, the alts are now officially gone.  It should be noted for the uniform enthusiasts that the team wore both the home and away alts on Friday night games in 2001.  The team then went to just the road alts on some Friday night games in 2002, before they did not wear it again for 2003.

As for the Oakland Athletics, it's only a matter of time before the "21st Century alts" are a thing of the past.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• 3 weeks later...

Have the M's actually worn the green-brim hats in a while? I'm not sure they have--every picture I've seen of them at home the last few years they seemed to be wearing all-navy. When they were doing a lot of experimenting with the unis a few years ago (short sleeves, etc.), I know Jamie Moyer always picked the dark hat for home games (FYI, that night's starting pitcher always picks the uniform combo).

Not a huge fan of the teal; it's a nice accent color, but not a good main. The teal unis looked like Gumby and were gone after one year; ditto the teal hats. Mostly, I'm just glad they got rid of those awful silver-brimmed hats. Man thhe metallic-brimmed hats were a bad idea for everybody involved (Astros & Dodgers, too).

The last time the teal-billed hats were worn regularly was early in 2001.  Then they started winning so many road games that around May they switched to the road hats all the time.  They wore them twice in 2002, both James Baldwin starts, who wasn't around in 2001.  In 2003 they were never worn.  The teal hats and jerseys were acutally worn for 3 years, not 1, starting in 1994 through 1996.  Their official stance for getting rid of them was a bad record while wearing them, and a lot of people on Seattle actually liked them (myself included)!  The next year, 1997, they had the silver-billed alternates and wore those through the 1999 season.
dbacks.gif mariners.gif

For Puckguy,

There are teal Mariners jerseys for sale on Ebay ALL the time, check it out. I have two of them myself.

What size do you have?  I have only seen a brand new size 40 being offered, plus the occasional used ones in other sizes.  I saw a new 44 once, and just got outbid at the end.  I was pissed!

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Archived