Knicks about to fire Larry Brown

NJTank

Sure Isiah has done a horrendous job as President/GM and Jimmy Dolan's ownership has been absolutely laughable at best, but you cannot deny LB's role in all this crap. He gave it up last year, plain and simple. He quit on his team. You can skewer the team for their lack of effort, fine. However, you'd better fault the coach just as much. He's just as much of an overpaid, underperforming, high maintenance, crybaby diva as the players you love to blast.

Isiah needs to be fired.

Larry needs to be bought out.

Jimmy needs to sell the team.

Whether or not you want to believe it, Larry "The Right Way" Brown is more at fault for the 23-59 record than either Isiah Thomas or James Dolan.

Get him out.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well Larry Brown came into a very bad situation and deserves more than 1 year to turn this aroudn, I will also agree with this James Dolan is the reason I am no longer a Rangers fan so I know how bad he is believe me the whole Garden Opperation has been a mess since he took over, but the reason that is hes hired bad people like Isaih Thomas and Glen Sather. The only reason the Rangers improved is the salary cap forced them to stop the dumb spending and to give rookies a chance. What Isiah did in getting the same type of player and overspending on players like Jerome James and getting more bog contracts like Rancis and Rose is why the Knicks are in the mess they are in. Eddie Curry is vastly overrated and the Knicks possibilly dealt the #1 pick overall for him. It was obvious the Knicks were going to be bad so what Isiah shoudl have done was kept Davis anmd Penny let their contracts expire and have more flexibillity for the future while building around their youth. Its better to lose that way then with the mismatach overpaid overrated vets they have now.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well Larry Brown came into a very bad situation and deserves more than 1 year to turn this aroudn, I will also agree with this James Dolan is the reason I am no longer a Rangers fan so I know how bad he is believe me the whole Garden Opperation has been a mess since he took over, but the reason that is hes hired bad people like Isaih Thomas and Glen Sather. The only reason the Rangers improved is the salary cap forced them to stop the dumb spending and to give rookies a chance. What Isiah did in getting the same type of player and overspending on players like Jerome James and getting more bog contracts like Rancis and Rose is why the Knicks are in the mess they are in. Eddie Curry is vastly overrated and the Knicks possibilly dealt the #1 pick overall for him. It was obvious the Knicks were going to be bad so what Isiah shoudl have done was kept Davis anmd Penny let their contracts expire and have more flexibillity for the future while building around their youth. Its better to lose that way then with the mismatach overpaid overrated vets they have now.

Sure he came into a bad situation, but isn't he supposed to be the great Whodini, basketball magician? Isn't he supposed to be the true greatest coach in the NBA, not like that "overrated" Phil Jackson? You know the guy that's won 9 of 10 championship series, compared to LB's 1 of 2. Mr. The Right Way took a team of mismatched parts that had won 33 games under a coach that was completely in over his head, and was expected to take them to the playoffs. Isn't Larry Brown supposed to make teams better? Call the players whatever you want, but there is some talent on that team and it's the COACH'S job (not the owner's or GM's) to evaluate the talent on his roster and come up with the right style of play and lineups to maximize that talent. He did nothing of the sort. He tried to fit a bunch of square pegs into round holes instead of getting out his saw and making the damn holes square, too. He had talented players on that roster, for sure. How about he should have figured out how they work best together instead of bitching about guys he didn't have. He's coaching a real team, not playing a video game in franchise mode or managing a fantasy team. Here's a novel idea for Larry Brown, how about actually earning the money he's being paid.

It's funny that people skirt the issue, they want to talk about how the players suck, or how the GM sucks, or how the owner sucks. Fine, they all suck, but when the floor general, the night-in, night-out leader of the team not only sucks, but blames everyone else for him sucking, he needs to go. This team may take a step backward record wise, they'll be better off without LB. Blow the whole thing up and let Mr. The Right Way take his quest to coach every team in the NBA to either Sacramento or Oakland.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I could have coached Michael Jordan and the Bulls and still won 6 titles.

Doug Collins?

Larry Brown is a proven winner, and like him or not is among the top coaches in basketball. Turning around a team that's in dire straights like the Knicks is a two or three year procedure. Larry needs to be able to make the drafts/trades that he sees necessary to take the team to the next level.

I want to see the Knicks win again...lived in NYC for 9+ years, and really hoped for Isiah and Larry to at least go .500 this year.

In no way, shape or form can buying out a winner like Larry Brown for $40mil be a better option than investing the same money in acquiring new talent to compliment the Knicks.

That's my $.02.

SB40terribletowel.jpg6220steelers.jpglicense_thum.jpg

I could have coached Michael Jordan and the Bulls and still won 6 titles.

Doug Collins?

In Doug Collins last year he got the Bulls to the Eastern Finals, Jordan simply needed to learn how to win, and Scottie Pippen had to develop into a NBA star, once that happened the Bullls never lost again. 6 of 8 titles and the only 2 missed were the years Jordan took off. 1995 he came back but was not in full playing shape the next year he was and you had 72 wins.

If he didnt retire it would have been an 8-peat.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This whole "I mean geeeeeeeez even *I* could coach the Bulls and win 6!" thing is kind of dumb, as if Phil Jackson just stood on the sideline with his thumb up his ass. Of course he was a major piece of the puzzle. If you want to talk about "even I could coach the" teams, I recommend Larry Bird's Celtics. Everyone remembers Phil Jackson, Gregg Popovich, Pat Riley, Chuck Daly; those were all teams with a definite coaching philosophy, but who the hell remembers K.C. Jones?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived