Back inside the mind of saintsfan

Saintsfan

1. Strange one to start off with but the position names in football make it sound such a cool game. If i wasnt such a small fry I'd play tight end, or nickelback or whatever. (BTW does anybody know why its called  a nickelback?)

2. I am never quite sure why some US sports are so determind to expand into canada but then flood the canadian teams with americans.

3. I love the idea of a  Hall of Fame, providing they don't flood them with also rans. But it is great when a great from the past finally gets recognised, like Hank Stram for instance.

4. I always assume New York teams are massive, but thinking about it only really the Yankees have been consistently succesful in the Big Apple. Maybe its the media pressure!?!?!?!?

5. no-one should ever make Americans play cricket or brits play baseball. They are both so traditional and steeped in the culture of there home countries, they just don't mix!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Nickel defense has 5 defensive backs. The fifth is the nickelback.

(But the dime package only has 6 DB's, so, meh.)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

1 has been covered so I pass

2 - I don't think "US sports" have really made what I'd call a determined effort to expand into Canada.  The NBA is the only one of the major sports leagues to have had a blatant "Canadian Agenda" and frankly it failed because it was unable to keep the Grizzlies in Vancouver despite over-the-top efforts to keep the team in Canada.  The NFL hasn't had a serious interest in Canada since 1974 when they chose Tampa over Toronto for an expansion team.  And we're all familiar with the Montreal dillemma in MLB.  Baseball is really the only sport with what I'd call an appreciable Canadian presence (in the minors) and I would venture to guess those rosters are pretty much a multi-national mix and not necessarily heavily American.

3 - For the life of me I can't figure out how it took this long for Coach Stram to make it in.  Probably has a lot to do with the fact that his last couple of Chiefs teams and all of his Saints teams were lackluster at best.

4 - Relatively speaking, a number of NY teams have had decent stretches of success - the late 70's-early 80's Isles, the Giants from the 80's and early 90's, the present day Devils.  Yeah, the Yankees have been world champions 26 times in 100 years but they've also had some sizeable dry spells as well.  And that's just success measured in championships and championship contenders.  Try and get tickets to a Giants or Jets game - they're pretty successful at the gate too.

5 - Friend, I will take your word for it.

Try and get tickets to a Giants or Jets game - they're pretty successful at the gate too.

Well, if you want a Giant ticket you'll have to wait 20 something years to get one. The Jets is shorter but still a long wait.

But then again you could always scalp.

2. I am never quite sure why some US sports are so determind to expand into canada but then flood the canadian teams with americans.

3. I love the idea of a Hall of Fame, providing they don't flood them with also rans. But it is great when a great from the past finally gets recognised, like Hank Stram for instance.

4. I always assume New York teams are massive, but thinking about it only really the Yankees have been consistently succesful in the Big Apple. Maybe its the media pressure!?!?!?!?

5. no-one should ever make Americans play cricket or brits play baseball. They are both so traditional and steeped in the culture of there home countries, they just don't mix!!

2) been covered...if the NFL was gonna do Canadian expansion, the Toronto Argonauts would be in the league instead of the Bucs. and ONLY the Argos. yeah, someone's gonna chime in that they might have been under another name and a different city, but be serious. the NFL would only seriously consider Toronto, and Toronto's pro team (Arena league notwithstanding) cannot go under any other name. EVER.

3) Stram shoulda been in already. I'm completely shocked that he's just now been inducted. on the subject of the Hockey Hall, Grant Fuhr, Mike Ilitch and Pat Lafontaine have been inducted this year. I had posted that elsewhere and hesitated on my opinion of a certain goalie, but won't pull any punches here...Patrick Roy should get his instant pass into the Hall like Gretzky did. At teh very least, put him in next year. He changed hockey as much, if not more, than #99...as evidence, the province of Quebec has changed from bursting at the gills with Rocket Richard, Guy LaFleur wannabes to bursting with kids who wanna be the next Roy, Brodeur and Giguere. i mean, you got the most wins ever, you almost singlehandedly change a POSITION forever...change a freaking PROVINCE!!! what ya gotta do, be the next Gretzky? apparently that's it.

4)the yanks sucked in teh 80s. unfortunately i was too young to be happy about that :angry: basically, nowadays teh Knicks and Rangers suck cus of mismanagement and overpaying for crap...the Giants and Jets are usually doing a decent job, though. and then the Isles, who had their crap decade in the 90s, they back to the biz of winning.

5) apparently some folks here play cricket... and apparently some Brits have taken to baseball too. from what i figure, no one made them do it, they just are :)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Then why is the 7 DB package called "Quarter"? :laugh:

I guess it's because that's the next coin after dime.

I know that...I was being difficult.

I thought it was because the package included 2+5 DB's. :P

Archived