When did the Brewers wear this patch?

pooter

Three iron workers were killed during construction of Miller Park on July 14th 1999. A crane used in the construction had collapsed due to high winds and falling debris hit a suspended basket the men were working in.

I believe the Brewers had the patches put on the uniforms within days of the accident.

I like the brewers new stuff, but man were those some nice looking uniforms.

I wasn't a huge fan of the "boring" M on the hat, but the wordmarks were fantastic.

Yea I liked the wordmark as well. Too bad the couldn't find a way to comine someof the new stuff with the previous set.

I wasn't a huge fan of the "boring" M on the hat, but the wordmarks were fantastic.

Yea I liked the wordmark as well. Too bad the couldn't find a way to comine someof the new stuff with the previous set.

Put the "MB" logo fom the patch, and a green bill on that cap (like the 1995 road cap) and you have a winner.

My fav Brewers uniform set of all time is that 1995-96 set. Perfect.

oh the brewers in the gothic MBV logo, one of my favorites, it's death knell though was when they went the M by itself, it just never looked right

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

oh the brewers in the gothic MBV logo, one of my favorites, it's death knell though was when they went the M by itself, it just never looked right

I liked the gold M, like in the 2nd pic. The white M was kinda boring though. I always felt the MB was very busy and cluttered. The unis themselves were outstanding. Especially the road grays.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I liked the gold M, like in the 2nd pic. The white M was kinda boring though. I always felt the MB was very busy and cluttered. The unis themselves were outstanding. Especially the road grays.

It's an example, contra Nats, where a design can be too visually consistent. The script on the jerseys was awesome -- nearly as good as what the Brewers wear now. The numbers and player name lettering were better than what the Brewers wear now. But both the original MB cap logo and the plain-old M cap logo looked horrible on the caps. They perfectly matched the jersey logos and the rest of the uniform design. But what looks good on a jersey doesn't necessarily look good on a cap, and the ugly caps absolutely ruined these uniforms.

An M with wider proportions, like what the Milwaukee Braves (and early Brewers) wore would have been much better. (Not exactly that M itself, but an M with its wide proportions.) I can imagine it making these into instantly classic uniforms. But an attractive cap logo would not precisely match the script, which many seem to regard as a sin.

20082614447.png

There was a time when I may not have agreed with that statement. But with Brewers management cramming the ball-in-glove logo down our throats, these are looking better and better all the time.

QPR%20Sig.png

The Brewers' unis of the late '90s rank as some of my favorites ever. I'm still the proud owner of the home "M" hat, even though it's no longer in wearable condition.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived