Ten (or more) NHL Jerseys That I Miss

beesharps

The thread title says it all :

McKenneyBos.jpg

- What Boston's 3rd jersey should really look like

lafontn.jpg

- Obvious, really

phf-aaet012.jpg

- (although not that helmet and those gloves)

jovanowskifla.jpg

- This great red jersey is now relegated to 3rd jersey, with the secondary stick-biting Panther as a logo

MhoweFly.jpg

- The Flyers have gone nowhere since switching to black - isn't that enough bad karma?

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alexandredaigle.JPG

- Original black jersey (version 2.0). Looks sharp, has their actual team logo on it (unlike current "home" jersey"), and actually matches their white uniform.

may3_3.jpg

- In need of a complete overall, but this blue jersey is so much better than the current black one.

kellykisio.JPGigorlarionov.JPG

- Sweet.....

martinstraka.JPG

- Rangers rip-off or 1967 homage, this beauty went before its time

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

McKenneyBos.jpg

- What Boston's 3rd jersey should really look like

Hell, that could beat their home/road jersey. Then again I guess the same could be said for all of these jerseys...so I guess I don't really know where I'm going with this...

...Nike sucks

(and Reebok)

I agree with every single one.

And I would be surprised if almost everyone on this board isn't also in agreement.

I'm not in agreement on the Sabres--they're bland,, and the hase of blue doesn't look good with that shade of yellow.

I miss the North Stars pre black.

And the Seals second style.

Both circa 73-74.

But neither teams exists anymore--so those jerseys are gone.

They're just about the only good looking green jerseys out there.

I also miss the Flames pre black & pre-flaming snot horse.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

that old black Sens jersey, I don't miss it one iota. hated it, like I hate the flatman (heh, I'm in the 3-D Sen camp, as it actually looks like someone I wouldn't wanna F with in real life. the flatman just always looked like a pushover to me)

I do agree with ya on the Bruins, though...hell, they could just replace the bear head with the B and improve the golds 100% (bow)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I agree with most.

The Sabres road (blue) really always needed some white in their to brighten it up. Blue and gold really don't look so good touching each other.

My favorite Senators jersey was the very first black one with no white at all. An intersting thing about the Senators, EA Sports put the Sens and Tampa Bay in their NHL video game before they were in the league. EA guessed that the Senators dark jersey would be red, they of course were wrong but did the Sens think EA had a better idea and copied a few years later?

I really miss the North Stars with the black. Black pants with 3 stars ruled.

The navy era Whalers is one of the best sets EVER in the NHL. I'd love to own one.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I miss the Whalers ones, along with these:

pG01-1806677reg.jpg

agreed 100%.

Also:

pG01-876028nm.jpg

RblakeLA.jpg

Thuntercgy.jpg

MacInnisCal.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived