Ten (or more) NHL Jerseys That I Miss

beesharps

I agree with the Kings black/silver, the Canucks blue/green "C" and the Bruins yellow, but that's it. Yeah it'd be nice to see the stars/Whale/Jets, but accept that they aren't coming back. I have.

Personally, the current black alts the sens used are the best unis they have ever had. Buffalo should change, but not go back to exactly what they had before. I'm satisfied with most NHL unis, and the ones who do need a change don't need to go retro for the most part.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jovanowskifla.jpg

- This great red jersey is now relegated to 3rd jersey, with the secondary stick-biting Panther as a logo

I agree with you. This is the jersey that made me want to start collecting other teams' jerseys.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

I miss the Whalers ones, along with these:

pG01-1806677reg.jpg

Agreed, only I had the green road version of that jersey. I ended up selling it a few years ago when I dropped all the college weight. Not sure if I'm going to get a new one, though.

QPR%20Sig.png

my favorite jersey of all time....and probably the one i wear more than any other.

Linden.jpg

I knew I forgot one. I love those unis.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

An intersting thing about the Senators, EA Sports put the Sens and Tampa Bay in their NHL video game before they were in the league. EA guessed that the Senators dark jersey would be red, they of course were wrong but did the Sens think EA had a better idea and copied a few years later?

EA also had the Ducks wearing a black jersey the first time they were in the game (NHL '94).

IndianapolisSpeedsters.png

An intersting thing about the Senators, EA Sports put the Sens and Tampa Bay in their NHL video game before they were in the league. EA guessed that the Senators dark jersey would be red, they of course were wrong but did the Sens think EA had a better idea and copied a few years later?

EA also had the Ducks wearing a black jersey the first time they were in the game (NHL '94).

On that not, the Devils road uniforms were inexplicably switched around (black jersey/red shoulders).

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

GoldsworthyNstars_174x250.jpg

That's the one I like.

Good to see the old Flames one.

But the Canuck's V? The original was a great uni.

The Oiler's blue & orange was on of the tackiest looks ever.

The darker blue & copper looks much better--and I know OIler fans who agree.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I don't think it's any worse than the blue and orange the Islanders wore. Blue and orange look good together for sports. I like the new Oilers uniforms, it's a good update for them, but I wouldn't call the 80s sweaters tacky.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't think it's any worse than the blue and orange the Islanders wore. Blue and orange look good together for sports. I like the new Oilers uniforms, it's a good update for them, but I wouldn't call the 80s sweaters tacky.

The Isles and Oilers used different shades--and the Islanders have changed theirs shades since the 80's Cup finals match up between the two--the darker blue looks better with the orange.

And I think the Oilers looked tacky--although they looked even tackier in the early WHA days. (Ever see the Orange uniform?)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yeah it'd be nice to see the stars/Whale/Jets, but accept that they aren't coming back. I have.

I couldn't care less if the Jets/ North Stars or Whalers ever came back, but I do miss the unis. If those teams were still around and had changed their unis by now, I would still miss those particular eras in those teams uni history.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

? Boston - Maybe. It would need to be touched up quite a bit, and get rid of the gay-ish striping on the legs.

? Buffalo - The colors, yay, the jerseys nay. The colorscheme is nice, works very well together, but the whole striping is tired and boring.

? Florida - Agree COMPLETELY. I really liked their red jersey, and hate that it's just a third jersey with a pathetic logo on it.

? Flyers - Maybe. I can agree, the blacks aren't the greatest, but I've grown to really love their orange third. I'd like to see it as a regular home. Every team can use a change, after a while it just gets tired.

? Ottawa - No. Although it's not really cool to have mis-matching home and away jerseys, I do like the jersey they use as a home, and they could just make a white version of the current home.

? Washington - Agree. Caps don't have the greatest jerseys, but the blue is better.

? San Jose - Disagree COMPLETELY. I absolutely love their current home and away jerseys. It's a style that fits them perfectly.

? Pittsburgh - Maybe. The color scheme is a lot better than their pee and black, but the whole "PITTSBURGH" lettering is boring. Maybe if they put the Penguin on the front, I would move to a complete agree.

? The Whalers are gone. Time to move on already. :)

? Boston - Maybe. It would need to be touched up quite a bit, and get rid of the gay-ish striping on the legs.

is the striping happy or did it try to :censored: your ass or suck your dick?

i'm just confused as to why you would say the striping is "gay-ish".

And why is it you can never find ANYTHING associated with the Hartford Whalers? Is there really that lil interest out there for a nice vintage Whalers jersey?

Because the Whalers logo is owned by the state of Connecticut. They had to leave it behind when they became the Hurricanes.

I gotta say - I really miss vertical striping on hockey pants. Too many NHL squads have just a solid pant now - in some cases the old striped pants added nothing to a uniform's look - eg. Toronto Maple Leafs with one thick & bland white stripe - BUT in many cases the stripes were a great stylistic touch - eg. Winnipeg Jets red triangle on powder blue pants, Pittsburg's yellow triangle on black pants, Edmonton's very cool orange stripe that became wider at the bottom, and other teams like Anaheim, San Jose, Buffalo, NYI.

Also - one jersey I definitely won't miss is Washington's current color scheme. The nation's capital should be represented by red, white & blue. Look to the AHL's Rochester Americans for inspiration - they've had the same solor scheme and logo for over 50 years and the look is still great, especially the all-blue home unis.

www.amerks.com

Archived