Ten (or more) NHL Jerseys That I Miss

beesharps

ccmjer550vpit-2.jpg

Not Nhl But Nice blazers.jpg

and combined with a bright goalie mask

goalieparent.jpg

blaz.jpg

The Pens old ice blues would be my No. 1 most-missed jersey. Looked great in the home and road versions.

Can't say I ever liked the Blazers jersey though ? right from the colors to the logo. That whole WHA area spawned some pretty garish unis. And I did love the creativity of the old goalie masks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
? Boston - Maybe. It would need to be touched up quite a bit, and get rid of the gay-ish striping on the legs.

is the striping happy or did it try to :censored: your ass or suck your dick?

i'm just confused as to why you would say the striping is "gay-ish".

I say it's "gay-ish" because I've never been a fan of teams who do 13,000 stripes on the socks. It makes it look like a yellow, black and white candy cane... you know, one of those disgusting ones that taste nothing like christmas, but instead your dreams for a minty wonderland are destroyed by some banana/coconut travesty. It's only realy problem I have with that Bruins jersey, everything is decent.

Remember back in your school days when you had a crush on a really good looking girl, and then, she went and got her hair cut, and she looked like ass from then on? Well, thats what the Devils did to me in the early 90s when they eliminated their christmas tree colored jerseys. The Devils are dead to me.

Bring back the old school black Ottawa jerseys, as well. Crests dont have to look mean or fearsome. The Ottawa crest looks classy.

I gotta say - I really miss vertical striping on hockey pants. Too many NHL squads have just a solid pant now - in some cases the old striped pants added nothing to a uniform's look - eg. Toronto Maple Leafs with one thick & bland white stripe - BUT in many cases the stripes were a great stylistic touch - eg. Winnipeg Jets red triangle on powder blue pants, Pittsburg's yellow triangle on black pants, Edmonton's very cool orange stripe that became wider at the bottom, and other teams like Anaheim, San Jose, Buffalo, NYI.

Also - one jersey I definitely won't miss is Washington's current color scheme. The nation's capital should be represented by red, white & blue. Look to the AHL's Rochester Americans for inspiration - they've had the same solor scheme and logo for over 50 years and the look is still great, especially the all-blue home unis.

www.amerks.com

Hard to see in this pic, but I liked the thin stripe the Leafs had in the early '60's -- and these are the unis I wish the Leafs still had:

frank1.gif

This is probably irrelevant to this thread, but I miss this one already...

pG01-2339688reg.jpg

I also quite miss the jerseys that Pittsburgh had until 2001... the vegas gold they have now doesn't really suit them, IMO.

One jersey that I don't miss at all, however... anyone remember the Ducks' third jersey back in 1996? That looked like something a kid might wear as pyjamas, or as some kids' club giveaway.

pG01-2339688reg.jpg

I also quite miss the jerseys that Pittsburgh had until 2001... the vegas gold they have now doesn't really suit them, IMO.

One jersey that I don't miss at all, however... anyone remember the Ducks' third jersey back in 1996? That looked like something a kid might wear as pyjamas, or as some kids' club giveaway.

I, too miss these. I think there's a couple threads on this board that laments the loss of the purple and jade. It's funny, but for years, a lot of people complained and laughed at these jerseys. Now, just as we get used to them (and shudder to think of what the new ones might look like), they're going to be gone.

Thanks, Anaheim management, for calling our bluff....you bastards....

Incidentally, teams that change their uniforms the year after successful (or near successful) runs to the Cup never repeat their success. Off the top of my head :

- Pittsburgh got rid of the skating penguin logo after their second straight Stanley Cup, and have never been back to the final

- The Minnesota North Stars changed those beautiful green jerseys mentioned earlier on this thread for the black garbage bags that they wore for their last two years in Minny before being sold off to Dallas.

- Speaking of Dallas, even though they wore their green star road jerseys during the cup run (it was their third jersey at the time), they changed full time to the "star" motif the next season, and have never lived up to expectations since.

Fortunately, my Oilers will defeat the Ducks in four straight, so there won't be any controversy regarding the Ducks new uniforms....

- Speaking of Dallas, even though they wore their green star road jerseys during the cup run (it was their third jersey at the time), they changed full time to the "star" motif the next season, and have never lived up to expectations since.

They were in the Stanley Cup Finals the next year.

pG01-1806677reg.jpg

We can all agree that the Greens were better. No redundant shoulder patches, because honestly; who needs the same logo three times?

0143.jpg

But not that one, the greens where the added the black stripe, the black breezers and with one of the best breezer designs with the threepeating stars.

northstars_big.jpg

churla.JPG

I have that one in a #20 Ciccarelli and a #30 Casey

Buffalo - Take those jerseys, slap the current Buffalo logo on the front and move the old circle logo to the shoulder and that's perfection.

Hartford - Good god those last gen navy/green jerseys were awesome, which is funny because I hate almost everything that's blue/green.

Florida - The red is a lot better than the blue, it's been so long that I forgot what the red looked like.

Washington - Why oh WHY did they get rid of the blue eagle? STUPID!

Phoenix - I know I'm in the minority, but those Southwest threads look a lot better than their current set.

Sabres - If you don't like the old uniforms, your a communist, and should be shot.

Flyers orange - Don't like? Shot.

Bruins Gold - Ifa you no likea... shoota in da face

Senators Black - Honestly, is there ANYONE who likes that monstrosity they call a "home" jersey? Go back to this... please

Whalers - The team should be brought back JUST for the jerseys.

pG01-2339688reg.jpg

I, too miss these. I think there's a couple threads on this board that laments the loss of the purple and jade. It's funny, but for years, a lot of people complained and laughed at these jerseys. Now, just as we get used to them (and shudder to think of what the new ones might look like), they're going to be gone.

Thanks, Anaheim management, for calling our bluff....you bastards....

Incidentally, teams that change their uniforms the year after successful (or near successful) runs to the Cup never repeat their success. Off the top of my head :

- Pittsburgh got rid of the skating penguin logo after their second straight Stanley Cup, and have never been back to the final

- The Minnesota North Stars changed those beautiful green jerseys mentioned earlier on this thread for the black garbage bags that they wore for their last two years in Minny before being sold off to Dallas.

Fortunately, my Oilers will defeat the Ducks in four straight, so there won't be any controversy regarding the Ducks new uniforms....

u mean purple and teal

Archived