Ten (or more) NHL Jerseys That I Miss

beesharps

Buffalo - Take those jerseys, slap the current Buffalo logo on the front and move the old circle logo to the shoulder and that's perfection.

Hartford - Good god those last gen navy/green jerseys were awesome, which is funny because I hate almost everything that's blue/green.

Florida - The red is a lot better than the blue, it's been so long that I forgot what the red looked like.

Washington - Why oh WHY did they get rid of the blue eagle? STUPID!

Phoenix - I know I'm in the minority, but those Southwest threads look a lot better than their current set.

TOTALLY AGREE, I LOVE THE OLD COYOTES THREADS. I LOVED THEM. I HAVE ONE OF MY OWN.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is probably irrelevant to this thread, but I miss this one already...

pG01-2339688reg.jpg

I also quite miss the jerseys that Pittsburgh had until 2001... the vegas gold they have now doesn't really suit them, IMO.

One jersey that I don't miss at all, however... anyone remember the Ducks' third jersey back in 1996? That looked like something a kid might wear as pyjamas, or as some kids' club giveaway.

I, too miss these. I think there's a couple threads on this board that laments the loss of the purple and jade. It's funny, but for years, a lot of people complained and laughed at these jerseys. Now, just as we get used to them (and shudder to think of what the new ones might look like), they're going to be gone.

Thanks, Anaheim management, for calling our bluff....you bastards....

Incidentally, teams that change their uniforms the year after successful (or near successful) runs to the Cup never repeat their success. Off the top of my head :

- Pittsburgh got rid of the skating penguin logo after their second straight Stanley Cup, and have never been back to the final

- The Minnesota North Stars changed those beautiful green jerseys mentioned earlier on this thread for the black garbage bags that they wore for their last two years in Minny before being sold off to Dallas.

- Speaking of Dallas, even though they wore their green star road jerseys during the cup run (it was their third jersey at the time), they changed full time to the "star" motif the next season, and have never lived up to expectations since.

Fortunately, my Oilers will defeat the Ducks in four straight, so there won't be any controversy regarding the Ducks new uniforms....

Oilers in 4? HAHAHAHAHA. More like Ducks in 5 or 6. I love the Oilers and I wish the Oilers good luck. But, I HAVE to go with my Ducks.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

pG01-2339688reg.jpg

I also quite miss the jerseys that Pittsburgh had until 2001... the vegas gold they have now doesn't really suit them, IMO.

One jersey that I don't miss at all, however... anyone remember the Ducks' third jersey back in 1996? That looked like something a kid might wear as pyjamas, or as some kids' club giveaway.

I, too miss these. I think there's a couple threads on this board that laments the loss of the purple and jade. It's funny, but for years, a lot of people complained and laughed at these jerseys. Now, just as we get used to them (and shudder to think of what the new ones might look like), they're going to be gone.

Incidentally, teams that change their uniforms the year after successful (or near successful) runs to the Cup never repeat their success. Off the top of my head :

- Pittsburgh got rid of the skating penguin logo after their second straight Stanley Cup, and have never been back to the final

- The Minnesota North Stars changed those beautiful green jerseys mentioned earlier on this thread for the black garbage bags that they wore for their last two years in Minny before being sold off to Dallas.

- Speaking of Dallas, even though they wore their green star road jerseys during the cup run (it was their third jersey at the time), they changed full time to the "star" motif the next season, and have never lived up to expectations since.

Fortunately, my Oilers will defeat the Ducks in four straight, so there won't be any controversy regarding the Ducks new uniforms....

Oilers in 4? HAHAHAHAHA. More like Ducks in 5 or 6. I love the Oilers and I wish the Oilers good luck. But, I HAVE to go with my Ducks.

I agree that the Ducks will win, but it definitely won't be a pushover. Anaheim in 7.

pG01-2339688reg.jpg

I stand by my pre-series prediction.....:)

Homer%20Simpson%20Sabres.jpg

Archived