Fox's BCS Logo

Aggie2k1

Wow.

I just looked at this and I had no idea so many changes were in effect for the 2006 BCS.

When did all of this happen? Is it because of the move to Fox that ESPN hasn't been blaring it all over the place? How did I miss this?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Wow.

I just looked at this and I had no idea so many changes were in effect for the 2006 BCS.

When did all of this happen? Is it because of the move to Fox that ESPN hasn't been blaring it all over the place? How did I miss this?

Something doesn't seem right about that. I swear I remember everyone getting all excited about the "plus one" system that the BCS mentioned, and then pissed off because it wasn't that they were going to have the best two teams from the BCS games meet the week after, but rather they were going to simply use it as an excuse to get 2 more teams into the BCS games at all, and that they were just creating a new game for #1 and #2 to play in.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Wow.

When did all of this happen?  Is it because of the move to Fox that ESPN hasn't been blaring it all over the place?  How did I miss this?

Something doesn't seem right about that. I swear I remember everyone getting all excited about the "plus one" system that the BCS mentioned, and then pissed off because it wasn't that they were going to have the best two teams from the BCS games meet the week after, but rather they were going to simply use it as an excuse to get 2 more teams into the BCS games at all, and that they were just creating a new game for #1 and #2 to play in.

When did this happen? I swear I had no idea until right now. Incredible.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

"Here's the system that will begin next season:

Five BCS bowls, with 10 slots available. Six remain guaranteed to the major conferences, but four at-large slots are available. The fifth game will be played at one of the BCS sites, a week after the bowl game there, again matching the No. 1 and No. 2 teams in the BCS rankings."

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/foot...d_to_confusion/

I don't get it. How are there 10 slots available if the fifth game IS, in fact, a "best of" the prior four BCS games?

1zgyd8w.jpg

Five BCS bowls, with 10 slots available. Six remain guaranteed to the major conferences, but four at-large slots are available. The fifth game will be played at one of the BCS sites, a week after the bowl game there, again matching the No. 1 and No. 2 teams in the BCS rankings."

I don't get it. How are there 10 slots available if the fifth game IS, in fact, a "best of" the prior four BCS games?

Ever get the feeling that the BCS is just wingin' it?

You, and many others, have been confused. Make no mistake, nothing has changed except adding 2 more undeserving teams to the BCS mix. Whoever is #1 and #2 in this insanity won't play in those initial 4 BCS games (Sugar, Rose, Cotton, Orange). They will play a week later at one of those sites. So, in essence now, each year one of those bowl sites will host 2 games, a meaningless, consolation bowl one week using its familiar name, followed by the "BCS National Championship Presented by fill in the blank multi-million dollar corporate sponsor" the next week.

Beyond comprehension...

Make no mistake, nothing has changed except adding 2 more undeserving teams to the BCS mix. Whoever is #1 and #2 in this insanity won't play in those initial 4 BCS games (Sugar, Rose, Cotton, Orange). They will play a week later at one of those sites. So, in essence now, each year one of those bowl sites will host 2 games, a meaningless, consolation bowl one week using its familiar name, followed by the "BCS National Championship Presented by fill in the blank multi-million dollar corporate sponsor" the next week.

Ok that's what I thought. The way some of those websites had it described made it sound otherwise.

1zgyd8w.jpg

The FOX BCS logo doesn't look bad.

When did all of this happen? Is it because of the move to Fox that ESPN hasn't been blaring it all over the place?

Yes, that's why you don't hear much of the move to Fox on ESPN. By contrast, ESPN runs a daily Monday Night Football highlight and has seemingly doubled their NFL offseason coverage (two-hour special on the release of the NFL schedule in April) from previous years.

Of course, the heavy NFL promotion on ESPN occurs in those brief periods when they're not beating the Barry Bonds horse into the ground.

Of course, the heavy NFL promotion on ESPN occurs in those brief periods when they're not beating the Barry Bonds horse into the ground.

"A controversial column in today's San Francisco Chronicle accused Barry Bonds of not recycling. Pedro Gomez is live picking through his trash right now. Pedro, what have you found?"

1zgyd8w.jpg

"A controversial column in today's San Francisco Chronicle accused Barry Bonds of not recycling. Pedro Gomez is live picking through his trash right now. Pedro, what have you found?"

At least they are not breaking away from normal coverage to show his every at-bat. It drove me nuts when they did this with MaGwire. :wacko:

Shame that the BCS isnt doing the plan everyone seems to want. Match up the winner of 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 in a game a week later.

So, in the current system, the #1 and #2 teams will have over a month off? wow.. that would seem to me to be a LONG time to wait.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived