KC Royals wearing blue alts on the road

BJ Sands

I think the blue one is the third jersey i've seen them wear on the road this year.

It is a lot like the blue they have been wearing for Sunday home games.

Most often, they've been in grey, but it is different than what they have had the last several years. The letters are in that classic baseball script instead of recent years' small, all-caps, block letters.

I did see black this year once or twice, but I think it was different from last year in that this year's black jerseys have sleeves instead of being the vests. Also, something else was different. Less black somehow. I think it was all-blue hats(instead of blue with black bill) and blue socks, shoes, etc.

sweeney_mike060416.jpg

They also have a different type face on the road jerseys. (Actually, I don't think they had black jerseys last year that said "KANSAS CITY" so that's new too).

I think the blue one is the third jersey i've seen them wear on the road this year.

It is a lot like the blue they have been wearing for Sunday home games.

Most often, they've been in grey, but it is different than what they have had the last several years. The letters are in that classic baseball script instead of recent years' small, all-caps, block letters.

I did see black this year once or twice, but I think it was different from last year in that this year's black jerseys have sleeves instead of being the vests. Also, something else was different. Less black somehow. I think it was all-blue hats(instead of blue with black bill) and blue socks, shoes, etc.

sweeney_mike060416.jpg

It's the exact same blue jersey they wear at home. Last year's black jerseys were not vests and they said "Royals" on them, not "Kansas City".

Hopefully, those black ones are gone for good.

2005 maj2rt-kcra.jpg

2006pMLB2-2492481dt.jpg

Archived