Tampa Bay Lighting Alt

Neon_Matrix

Ok so I found a store that will sell me the Tampa Bay Lightning Alt for $79.99 CDN and I'm wondering if that is a resonable price for it. They already knocked it down from $99, but I still think that is overly expensive for something so old. I cannot find this baby on Ebay so I have no clue how much they are going for, but I'd love to pick this baby up if $79 is worth it. It is in MINT condition, nameless and still has tags. The crest is sewn on and looks good. So guys, should I pay that kind of money for this baby??

98-99Larocquefrt.JPG

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

That's the beauty of the law of supply and demand... As you said, you can't find it anywhere else. So, how much is it worth to you? If you pass on it, and some one else buys it, and a year goes by, and you finally track down another, and it costs twice as much, will you feel good about passing on this one? Or, you could pass on this one, and find another at a discount store tomorrow for half the cost. That's the risk you have to take, and only you can answer the question...

Moose

That's the beauty of the law of supply and demand... As you said, you can't find it anywhere else. So, how much is it worth to you? If you pass on it, and some one else buys it, and a year goes by, and you finally track down another, and it costs twice as much, will you feel good about passing on this one? Or, you could pass on this one, and find another at a discount store tomorrow for half the cost. That's the risk you have to take, and only you can answer the question...

Moose

Problem is, I currently dont have the resources to spend $79 on a jersey...I wont get paid from my job for awhile and I dont get more moola until June 1st. So by then I may go and snatch it, but considering that jersey looks untouched, I'm guessing its been there for a long, long time. I think I can get them to knock it down more, and if I can great, if not, $79 may be worth it for a beauty like that.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

OMG i love that jersey i would buy it, as you said you cant find it anywhere else so go for it its in mint condition and its a :censored: sweet jersey.

Its funny, this store has authentic old style San Jose Sharks jerseys, old replica St. Louis Blues ones when they had the red in them, and also an old style Dallas Stars jersey. It has a really strange back stock selection and I'm hoping they lower that price on that jersey and lower the prices on their Authentic Ducks jerseys so I can snag one before they are replaced before next season. Right now, I intend to buy this jersey but first, I need some cash! ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Lucky. I want that jersey so bad.

They really need to bring it back for a throwback night or something and sell them again. It would probably turn a good profit too. It's a shame that management hates them.

So far it seems unanimous that I buy that baby. The only thing I'm still unsure of is if $79 is worth it. Would you guys spend that money for this jersey?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

OMG i love that jersey i would buy it, as you said you cant find it anywhere else so go for it its in mint condition and its a  :censored: sweet jersey.

Its funny, this store has authentic old style San Jose Sharks jerseys, old replica St. Louis Blues ones when they had the red in them, and also an old style Dallas Stars jersey. It has a really strange back stock selection and I'm hoping they lower that price on that jersey and lower the prices on their Authentic Ducks jerseys so I can snag one before they are replaced before next season. Right now, I intend to buy this jersey but first, I need some cash! ^_^

I'd buy it if I were up there and hadn't spent much of my dough already :D I figure two weeks would be a decent wait if it's been hangin there since 99, but then that's not exactly set in stone. I remember the last time I saw an NHL jersey in any store here: they had Avs whites, Nords whites (with Sakic 19 on the back), Avs maroons (also Sakic) and Blackhawks barberpoles in 03-04...they were mostly hangin there at full price, but then they knock the price down to $55...the next time I was there they were clean out.

heh, I found a Canucks jersey in Goodwill once (the one they had after the V), and a mid 80s Packers roadie in Value Village back in 2000...unfortunately, I don't own either cus in the thrift stores, man, ya snooze, ya lose.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'd buy it if I were up there and hadn't spent much of my dough already :D I figure two weeks would be a decent wait if it's been hangin there since 99, but then that's not exactly set in stone. I remember the last time I saw an NHL jersey in any store here: they had Avs whites, Nords whites (with Sakic 19 on the back), Avs maroons (also Sakic) and Blackhawks barberpoles in 03-04...they were mostly hangin there at full price, but then they knock the price down to $55...the next time I was there they were clean out.

heh, I found a Canucks jersey in Goodwill once (the one they had after the V), and a mid 80s Packers roadie in Value Village back in 2000...unfortunately, I don't own either cus in the thrift stores, man, ya snooze, ya lose.

I once found a Tiger Williams Vancouver V black jersey for $80. That jersey is still the one I regret not snagging. It was beautiful, absolutely beautiful. There is an area in Toronto called Kensington Market which has an abundance of thrift/retro shops with people selling all sorts of old jerseys for cheap prices. I snagged 2 authentics there for $25 each, a christmas Devils jersey, and have seen 1970's Sabres, Flyers, Canadians, Kings and Leafs jerseys for varying prices. It is THE best place for used jerseys, yet again, I've heard of better finds at Goodwills and Value Villages.

This Lightning jersey is in an actual jersey store, and I guess I will go and buy it as soon as I can spare the $80! Once I have it, I will proudly pose in it. The beauty is, I could get this signed by the entire Tampa Bay Lightning team and sell it for ALOT more than $80...if I didn't want to wear this baby around!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Its funny, this store has authentic old style San Jose Sharks jerseys, old replica St. Louis Blues ones when they had the red in them, and also an old style Dallas Stars jersey.

i wish they had a store like that in Vancouver ive been thinking of adding some jerseys to my collection but it seems like all the jerseys i want are vintage jerseys no one makes anymore. Some one needs to open a jersey reproduction store

Ok so I found a store that will sell me the Tampa Bay Lightning Alt for $79.99 CDN and I'm wondering if that is a resonable price for it. They already knocked it down from $99, but I still think that is overly expensive for something so old. I cannot find this baby on Ebay so I have no clue how much they are going for, but I'd love to pick this baby up if $79 is worth it. It is in MINT condition, nameless and still has tags. The crest is sewn on and looks good. So guys, should I pay that kind of money for this baby??

Buy it. Buy it now. And if you don't have the money to buy it, I'll send money to you and I'll buy it.

When these do pop up on eBay in good condition, bidding often hits 3 digits in US dollars.

Buy it!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Buy it. Buy it now. And if you don't have the money to buy it, I'll send money to you and I'll buy it.

When these do pop up on eBay in good condition, bidding often hits 3 digits in US dollars.

Buy it!

Ok you've convinced me. Time to make sure I have the money and go buy it!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Lucky. I want that jersey so bad.

They really need to bring it back for a throwback night or something and sell them again. It would probably turn a good profit too. It's a shame that management hates them.

Throwback night wouldn't be enough. These need to be the team's permanent alternates, at least. It's teh best jersey they've ever had.

Indeed. This is one of the rare cases from the crazy-arse sublimation phenomenon of the mid-to-late '90s where the look was actually good - nay, flippin' awesome.

If you're gonna get it customized, I say do it with the first season jagged-style numbering, which was also used by the Quebec Rafales and was only used by the Lightning for their alts.

Have a look.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Problem is, I currently dont have the resources to spend $79 on a jersey...

If you want my opinion -- and I'd say no to that if I were you -- then the quote above should say it all.

Maybe I'm just a penny pincher, but I'm of the belief that if I don't have the money for something then I can't afford it. That may just be my Lutheran-bred sensibilities speaking, but I've never been one to splurge when I have nothing to splurge with.

On a seperate note, you've referred to this jersey as "baby" four times now. Not that it's important. Just taking notes. B)

Problem is, I currently dont have the resources to spend $79 on a jersey...

If you want my opinion -- and I'd say no to that if I were you -- then the quote above should say it all.

Maybe I'm just a penny pincher, but I'm of the belief that if I don't have the money for something then I can't afford it. That may just be my Lutheran-bred sensibilities speaking, but I've never been one to splurge when I have nothing to splurge with.

On a seperate note, you've referred to this jersey as "baby" four times now. Not that it's important. Just taking notes. B)

See, I have the money, I just can't spend it yet. I have a job now so in a few weeks I will be getting a pay check which will cover this baby (five times!) perfectly. I may snag it earlier, but I don't know yet.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

WHEN you buy this jersey, be sure to do your homework before getting it lettered. Feel free to contact me with any questions about lettering it.

The Lightining wore two patches on that jersey, the Cullen #12 shamrock patch in 97-98 and the 1999 All-star patch shown in your photo. In the first year, 96-97, there was no added patch.

They also used two different kinds of number fonts during the life of that jersey. The original font fit the theme of the jersey. It was the highly unique "elelctric" numbers, shown here.

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Tampa/97-98Cicconefrt.jpg

During the last year they wore that jersey, 98-99, the year of the all-star patch, they changed to the "paintbrush" font used on their home and away jerseys at some point. I have found pictures on Getty Images of the All-Star patch with the electric numbers as well. I have no idea why the change or how long the original font was used that year.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

WHEN you buy this jersey, be sure to do your homework before getting it lettered. Feel free to contact me with any questions about lettering it.

The Lightining wore two patches on that jersey, the Cullen #12 shamrock patch in 97-98 and the 1999 All-star patch shown in your photo. In the first year, 96-97, there was no added patch.

They also used two different kinds of number fonts during the life of that jersey. The original font fit the theme of the jersey. It was the highly unique "elelctric" numbers, shown here.

http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Tampa/97-98Cicconefrt.jpg

During the last year they wore that jersey, 98-99, the year of the all-star patch, they changed to the "paintbrush" font used on their home and away jerseys at some point. I have found pictures on Getty Images of the All-Star patch with the electric numbers as well. I have no idea why the change or how long the original font was used that year.

If I decide to sell it off, I will probably get it customized. Whome I would get on it I don't yet know, but first thing would be getting that jersey then after that I'll figure out what to do with it. Thanks for the offer, I will keep it in mind because if I can find a place that still sells those numbers and letters, it could be worth the investment to customize.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived