High School Logo Set

Chief.

Since I enrolled in Web Team at my high school this summer and through next year, I figured I'd whip up another logo for the school to go along with my Indian logo, which I have tweaked a bit (the most obvious improvement is the eye). I also did a wordmark.

If you have any comments, post them please.

indianlogo.png

the wordmark looks fine, the indian doesnt have a forehead which bothers me, and the H needs to drop either the arrowhead or the feathers, you choose. solid work so far.

And Indians? They aren't from India. Your school needs to move into 2006.

thats right, Hays High Native Americans sounds much better ^_^

actually, Natives is a cool sounding name, too bad it implies that everyone on the team is from that city or town, and was born there.

I'd drop the Native American head altogether.

I'm asking for critique, not political correctness. Seriously, what is offensive about the head logo? It's a Native American looking forward, that's it.

Is that the logo you used for the Chiefs when you were doing your altenate logos thing? Well, anyways I like it a lot, it's nice, clean, simple, and effective. Good work.

The first draft of it was for the Chiefs, but it evolved and I kept working on it until it improved, and now hopefully the school will use it.

a different take for the secondary would be to use the arrowhead, but pointing up. (think chiefs rotated CCW 90 degrees) Then use your H on it. I think it would be a good fit for a football helmet or basketball shorts etc. I definately think your in the right direction.

dont worry about the PC stuff, you cant change the name, but you can work with it.

-dw

Since I enrolled in Web Team at my high school this summer and through next year, I figured I'd whip up another logo for the school to go along with my Indian logo, which I have tweaked a bit (the most obvious improvement is the eye). I also did a wordmark.

If you have any comments, post them please.

indianlogo.png

cool. i like the H logo better (its perfect) frankly i think you should ditch the indioan head as well. but all in all good job again!

I'd drop the Native American head altogether.

I'm asking for critique, not political correctness. Seriously, what is offensive about the head logo? It's a Native American looking forward, that's it.

Actually, he's looking backwards. Forward is to the right.

I think you should get rid of it because it's not very good, not because of political correctness. It's too cartoony and silly. It's not strong or bold. It's just a cartoon.

201160034_f4c2ccdd98_o.png228795922_2c1d682c64_o.png

I like the Hays High Indians text. I think the H should lose the arrowhead but I like the feathers hanging off. I like the colors too. However, I think the Indian's face looks kinda silly, almost girly. I like the concept of the feathers though, but like I said, I think the face could use some work.

"Hays High Indians" text: Well executed, but bland. This is not necessarily a bad thing; straightforward is probably the way to go for high school identity marks. All the non-bland high school logos that I can remember from my own hometown were amateurish crap, so better to be competent and plain than interesting and bad.

H-arrowhead logo: Flippin sweet! Great idea, very well executed. Would look great on a baseball cap or a football helmet or a school spirit sweatshirt. Excellent.

Indian head logo: Also excellent. I am, as a rule, against cartooney indians (like Chief Wahoo). But the line style and perspective you've adopted for the face look like actual native art. It's in the vein of how the Seahawks logo looks like a Chinook carving of an eagle. Combined with the angular abstraction of the headpiece, this is an excellent piece of work. If you made the face more realistic, it would in fact become more cartoony, in a Chief Wahoo sort of way, and it would pretty quickly become a completely racist caricature that would offend every decent person at your school who wasn't raised in Cleveland or Amsterdam.

The only "criticism" I'd offer is that I don't know where your high school is, but feathered headdresses like the one you're using in your logo weren't all that widespread among North American nations. If it wasn't used in your area, then you should find how First Nations political, religious, or warrior leaders dressed in your area and incorporate that more authentic look in your logo. That's how you make sure that instead of just exploiting the native peoples for trivial purposes you're in some way honoring the true history of the first Americans.

20082614447.png

Archived