No more LockMonsters?

sanq

Is it confirmed it the Lowell Devils?? I really think it odd as well... but have to wait and see if it really 100% confirmed.. or a new name?? I would perfer the Lock Monsters remain the team name.. really nice name to fit that Lowell team well...

Is it confirmed it the Lowell Devils?? I really think it odd as well... but have to wait and see if it really 100% confirmed.. or a new name?? I would perfer the Lock Monsters remain the team name.. really nice name to fit that Lowell team well...

There has been no announcement, but the team's web address is LowellDevilsHockey.com. I doubt they would register that name if they weren't changing the name.

OLD:

RiverRats-Devils.jpg

NEW:

RiverRats-Hurricanes.jpg

Not that much of a difference, but significant. I was hoping that they would update the logo alittle bit. I can't wait to see what Lowell does. Also, can't wait to see what Albany does with there sweaters.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

Also, can't wait to see what Albany does with there sweaters.

Take a blank Hurricanes jersey.

Slap the lame Rats logo on the front, and a Hurricanes logo on each shoulder.

There. That oughta be good enough for establishing a team identity.

As for the Lowell Devils, same procedure as above, with something resembling RC's logo on the front and a different parent club.

Gah, how I hate hate HATE minor-league cloning. It's just so lazy.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As for the Lowell Devils, same procedure as above, with something resembling RC's logo on the front and a different parent club.

There is a reason why teams do that though. The players are already used to wearing that uniform so if they get called up quickly there is no adjustment on which uniform the are looking for.

so, it looks like the Avs are following Carolina from Lowell to Albany as well?

Yup...Colorado inked with Albany the same time as Carolina did.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I think one of the reasons you're going to see 'lazy' branding for both of these teams is that neither are intended to be long-term relationships. It's no secret that NJ wants to move their farm club somewhere in-state, but are waiting for an arena or the possibility of sharing the new Newark digs with their baby Devs. The 'Canes have also made no secret of the fact that they really want their farm team in Norfolk, and are simply waiting it out for Chicago's agreement to expire. I think the Devils, 'Canes, and Blackhawks are all now in sync with 2-year deals for their affiliates. It wouldn't surprise me at all if in two years, we have something resembling the following situation:

New Jersey - Lakewood/AC/Newark

Carolina - Norfolk

Chicago - Chicago

Atlanta - either Lowell or a new southern team (Ft. Myers)

Colorado - Albany

I think one of the reasons you're going to see 'lazy' branding for both of these teams is that neither are intended to be long-term relationships. It's no secret that NJ wants to move their farm club somewhere in-state, but are waiting for an arena or the possibility of sharing the new Newark digs with their baby Devs. The 'Canes have also made no secret of the fact that they really want their farm team in Norfolk, and are simply waiting it out for Chicago's agreement to expire. I think the Devils, 'Canes, and Blackhawks are all now in sync with 2-year deals for their affiliates. It wouldn't surprise me at all if in two years, we have something resembling the following situation:

New Jersey - Lakewood/AC/Newark

Carolina - Norfolk

Chicago - Chicago

Atlanta - either Lowell or a new southern team (Ft. Myers)

Colorado - Albany

Oh the cost cutting measures NHL teams take with their top minor league clubs. Pretty soon all NHL teams will have AHL teams within walking distance, so a callup nearly needs to take a city bus ride over. ;)

I doubt you'll see a Blackhawks/Wolves affiliation. There's a history of bad blood between the two, though things have been more cordial lately. Plus, I doubt the Wolves would want to be burdened with a Blackhawks affiliation. It would be bad for business in Rosemont if the Wolves lined up with Wirtz and company. Yes, the Blackhawks really are viewed that negatively in this town.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I doubt you'll see a Blackhawks/Wolves affiliation.  There's a history of bad blood between the two, though things have been more cordial lately.  Plus, I doubt the Wolves would want to be burdened with a Blackhawks affiliation.  It would be bad for business in Rosemont if the Wolves lined up with Wirtz and company.  Yes, the Blackhawks really are viewed that negatively in this town.

basically, all anybody has to do is take note of one of the Wolves' old slogans from a few years back: WE PLAY HOCKEY THE OLD-FASHIONED WAY. WE WIN.

it's sort of obvious the Wolves' preferred parent club is anybody not named Blackhawks

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'd love to see the Wolves play the Blackhawks in a preseason game. Probably be a good game too.

Club Friendly hockey style? :P

I really hope that if Florida moves their affiliate to Orlando that they don't clone the uniforms. I hate the Panthers, but I want good hockey.

I'd love to see the Wolves play the Blackhawks in a preseason game. Probably be a good game too.

Club Friendly hockey style? :P

hockey? you bet. friendly? probably not. the pathetic thing about it is the Blackhawks usually look more like an AHL team than the Wolves do

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I see Albany using a black alternate this year, to the style of the Hurricanes jersey.

Albany did have a black alternate this year. It had a different logo on the front. I saw quite a few ALbany fans wearing them when they went to Lowell this year.

Lowell also wore a black alternate, for at least 10 games. If Albany uses Lowell/Hurricanes template (minus the purple), I see no reason why they wouldn't go with a black alt, especially since New Jersey no longer runs the team.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived