Retro football film

slats7

Lets see:

-Red, white, and blue striping on the Cowboys helmets.

-Bicentennial patch on the Eagles unis.

-Blue pants for the Giants

EA, are you taking notes?

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

from my initail viewing of the trailer it looks like they tried to replicate the times as best to their ability. At first glance, kudos. Im sure there will be nuances here and there we'll catch.

the movie itself looks looks like the next "Miracle".

sidenote: Mark Wahlberg always makes a damn good movie. For my money he's never been in a dud. I'm actually suprised he didn't get nominated for Boogie Nights or get mentioned when people talk about actors who know how to pick good movies. Italian Job, solid movie, The Big Hit , same thing.

Trailer didnt work for me, but from the one still they had available, it looks pretty good. The numbers were sewn on that then, not screened? The patch is a very nice touch. Someone who cares must have been in charge.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The numbers were sewn on that then, not screened? The patch is a very nice touch. Someone who cares must have been in charge.

*I believe* that the Eagles numbers were sewn on because of the bodies were made out of that "fishnet mesh" material. But, I could be wrong.

I heard this guy on Jim Rome's show. It does sound interesting.

I guess this is the continuation of Disney's new marketting technique to reel in guys who aren't drooling over the prospects of an animated movie, by reliving a sports adventure. Miracle, Glory Road and now this movie. Wonder what next year's Disney-filmed Sports movie will be.

I enjoyed the attempt at making the uniforms and equipment appear as accurate as possible. I can't wait to have fun finding the stuff out of place, but it won't take me out of the movie.

Now Remember the Titans was set in what, 1971? It had mid-80s facemasks and some of the equipment. Bad job. That distracted me a lot. There are old masks out there to hoard.

Keep in mind that this movie is made by Disney, so expect any accuracies to be limited to the players and coaches NAMES only. They seem to fictionalize their "true stories". The truth is always more interesting that fiction.

It's not a Disney movie, but Chariots of Fire is total BS. Basically all the pivotal points were redone. Rubbish!! But I digress.

Keep in mind that this movie is made by Disney, so expect any accuracies to be limited to the players and coaches NAMES only. They seem to fictionalize their "true stories". The truth is always more interesting that fiction.

No, it's not.

I love documentaries. They're a great art form. But most real stories need a little reworking - life may be dramatic, but not always in the classical sense.

Even Bill Shakespeare knew better than to let the facts get in the way of his historical stories.

But most real stories need a little reworking

The movie United 93 is based on a lot of research. Disney or Spielberg would have added a Jet Li type of fight in the airplane. You can't ever be word-for-word in a bio movie, but when pivotal stuff is made up it's wasting your time. Going back to Chariots of Fire, some of those crucial, plot-developing races never occurred. Why bother to rewrite history?

Anyway, I really hope this new movie is good. And I'm glad they got a costume designer/art director with a good eye.

But most real stories need a little reworking

The movie United 93 is based on a lot of research.

Research, with a fair amount of conjecture.

I'm not saying make sweeping changes (although Shakespeare did, almost every single time he used an historical figure or event).

But I'm saying that every real story needs a little reworking to make better drama. Nothing wrong with having a film "based on true events", or an entirely fictional story set against historical events - drama is not documentary.

Guest robpas

"You're five foot nothing. A hundred and nothing. And you've got hardly a speck of athletic ability....."

Ooops....wrong movie :rolleyes:

Luv the old Gents jerseys though!! Wonder if the "Miracle In The Meadowlands" is recreated in this movie? I would guess it has to be...

Archived