Spurs silver jerseys?

Blue Falcon

I remember seeing the Admiral in a silver Spurs jersey a few eons back, but can't find the image. Perhaps it was just a practice jersey, but I was wondering why the Spurs haven't used a silver third jersey yet?

It would look cool and could be worn at home and on the road like the Nets one was.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Back in the '70s, Spurs wore Silver home uniforms on a regular basis.

I want to find pics of those horrible Spurs shorts that had a "saddle" pattern on their backsides...

It looked like they had hearts on their butts.

I want to find pics of those horrible Spurs shorts that had a "saddle" pattern on their backsides...

It looked like they had hearts on their butts.

You've gotta be kidding.

I HAVE to see that... PLEASE, somebody find a pic!

Okay, this isn't the greatest picture, but you can see the stripe going up the back of the shorts in this shot from the NBA site JohnnyFriedRice linked:

silas2_240_spurs.jpg

If I'm remembering correctly, the Spurs only wore these shorts for a couple of seasons before eliminating the part that went up the backside leaving only the black/grey/black trim on the bottom of the shorts.

The Spurs also never changed their road uniform design during this era, just the lettering:

moore_240_spurs.jpg

Both of these were replaced by what is essentially the current set (excluding some relatively minor changes) in either 1989-90 or 1990-91.

You know what, I like that San Antonio script, the way it's like a half-circle. Throw some silver on there and they should be wearing that now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived