New Browns Uniforms

CBOhioU

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it looks really really unsaturated.

like a faded black baseball cap, that's starting to turn brown.

it's starting to look a little too "hersey's special dark", when it should be leaning more to the "butterfinger" end of the spectrum :)

YAY. Sleeves + Stripes = WINNER.

Except the sleeves are sure to disappear (and the stripes will thus move accordingly) when this jersey is worn by someone in the trenches.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Doesn't look that different from the previous one. Is that supposedly a new color? Other than that, it looks like the brown outlines are gone from the sleeve stripes and the font under the collar changed...

Found the new Cleveland Browns uniforms on Reebok.com:

p2751990dt.jpg

Well, I got beef with these jerseys for 2 reasons:

1. Numbers should be on the sleeves - I know that jersey sleeves in the NFL are going the way of the dinosaur lately, but if the Bears can make it work, the Browns should be able to as well.

2. That damn Browns wordmark...throwback my arse!

How could such a simple change turn out so ugly?

I've seen that jersey on 2 different monitors now and its hideous on both of them. Its almost got some purple in it.

The A.L. looks much more visible now. I thought they wanted to tone it down?

stripes look nice...I guess. I liked them more before with the brown seperating the stripes.

Found the new Cleveland Browns uniforms on Reebok.com:

p2751990dt.jpg

It definetly went from milk chocolate to dark chocolate, but I THINK I like it. These replicas are never a good representation. A dark color like this is super shiney and has a grey-ish tint to it, when the real deal will be much nicer looking.

I do worry about the size of that AL logo on the sleeves. It's huge! I hope that is just the replica not being true to the authentic jersey.

Overall I like it. I think it looks sharp.

Anyone else think it's kind of sad that Joe Jurevicius is the team's only marquee player? And even then, it's Joe Jurevicius.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I've mentioned this many times on this forum, but technically, the Brown didn't change. The Browns' marketing-types are claiming a change, but in reality - it's still pretty much the same Brown as before.

Here's a quick explanation for those of you not familiar with this stuff. The NFL lists three different sets of colors for their uniforms:

• Solid Colors (also called Spot Colors)
  • Textile Colors (used for fabrics)
  • Process Simulation Colors (CMYK - for four-color printing)

For some reason, the NFL doesn't provide thread colors (usually Robison-Anton, Marathon and/or Madiera), or twill colors (Liebe, Stahl). Some other leagues do.

The Browns had a specific Pantone color used for the Solid/Spot Color, a specific Pantone Textile color, and a specific four-color CMYK breakdown (Process Simulation) for their Brown. For 2006, they are doing away with the Pantone Solid Color, using the CMYK breakdown in its place - and calling it a "custom" color.

Not sure why.

Here's the 2005 color set:

ClevelandBrowns_FRC_2005_SOL.jpg

...and, the 2006 set:

ClevelandBrowns_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

Note the much darker Gray for the facemasks...

No thanks...think I'll pass.

That brown DO look a little too gray for my liking--WHY DROP THE PANTONE SOLID? Now they got this brown looking like someone sprayed it with graphite. (Nice piece of color info, Pantone, bout all the "specific color palettes" they use.)

Curious, though--when did the Oranges--er, Browns--start wearing Al Lerner's initials on the sleeve? Had to have been sometime recently cuz it ain't on my 1985 Bernie Kosar Browns joint at tha crib.

(And while we're on this subject, what team's gonna be next to do this with their jerseys? I know NYG had a "WM" logo on their joints for a lil bit when Wellington Mara passed. Just wonder who'll be next to do it as a "semi-permanent feature". My guess? Who else...those Packers of Green Bay, Wisconsin [VL]. )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Here are the Browns' Pantone Textile colors (fabric colors) for the 2006 set:

ClevelandBrowns_FRC_9999_TEX.jpg

For those that are interested, the color descriptions attached to these colors (Textiles are the only colors that Pantone, Inc. does this with) are:

• Turkish Coffee
  • Mandarin Orange
  • Bright White
  • Neutral Gray (for the facemasks)

I should really do another "Fun With Pantone Textiles Game"...

LOL! I love it.

There was a great HBO Sports documentary on Oakland sports in the 1960s and 1970s, and Vida Blue was interviewed about the A's.

He was talking about the bright color scheme they wore (unusual in baseball) and said the official team colors were "Kelly Green, Athletic Gold, Wedding Cake White... and Vida Blue." :D

Archived