New Browns Uniforms

CBOhioU

I like what they did to the "AL" (Al Lerner Tribute). Before it was to small and kind of lost in the sleeve stripes, now with the outline its stands out more.

As a side note, other than Cleveland's "AL" and Chicago's "GSH", has any other teams permanently paid tribute like this?

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noooooooo, not gray facemask. Teams should only have gray facemasks if it is in their color scheme. Also, I was wondering if there will be any other change to the uniform. Are the helmet and pants staying the same?

MegatronSig2.jpg

Guys, I wouldn't worry too much; everything about that shot is totally photoshopped - stripes, "AL", numbers, prolly even the color. I wouldn't count on this to be an accurate representation of what they'll look like, I'm sure the AL will be much smaller and hopefully it will be a richer brown color.

Curious, though--when did the Oranges--er, Browns--start wearing Al Lerner's initials on the sleeve? Had to have been sometime recently cuz it ain't on my 1985 Bernie Kosar Browns joint at tha crib.

(And while we're on this subject, what team's gonna be next to do this with their jerseys? I know NYG had a "WM" logo on their joints for a lil bit when Wellington Mara passed. Just wonder who'll be next to do it as a "semi-permanent feature". My guess? Who else...those Packers of Green Bay, Wisconsin [VL]. )

You might want to venture out of your crib sometime, homey. Vince died long before you were probably born, so we won't be adding any uniform tribute to him any time soon.

The next team to do it? Depends on who's important that dies next.

It's where I sit.

They're beautiful, finally. This jersey + the white jersey + the 2005 facemask/helmet + the 2005 white pants + the 2005 orange pants = face-melting awesome. But as is, it's one step forward for the jersey and two steps back for the facemask and pants.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like what they did to the "AL" (Al Lerner Tribute). Before it was to small and kind of lost in the sleeve stripes, now with the outline its stands out more.

As a side note, other than Cleveland's "AL" and Chicago's "GSH", has any other teams permanently paid tribute like this?

Nope, and that's precisely why it's appalling.

Self-aggrandizement wrapped in egotism. Totally out of proportion with Lerner's contributions to the club.

Such a tribute should be reserved for a truly unique contribution to a team, like Halas. I could even see Wellington Mara. But Lerner? What did he do to be mentioned in the same breath with those men?

i actually believe that i have found the new browns jersey:

Browns New Jersey

:D

Ha ha ha! I think that one is more fitting for the Brownies.

The first thing that came to my mind after seeing that? One in the pink...

two in the stink?

now i have seen everything a bangels fan bashing jersey selection.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

The only player who might wear it like that is the QB. Every other player will obliterate the sleeves.

Actually, its probably more likely that only the kicker will have sleeves... most QBs are now wearing the shortened version. I agree that these types of designs would be better IF THE JERSEYS WERE STILL CUT THE WAY THEY WERE 30 YEARS AGO! BUT THEY AREN'T!!! These teams should stop trying... the Bears, the Lions, the Steelers, these jerseys look great on a hanger at the mall, but they look crap on the field. (Well, OK, the Lion's jersey looks like crap everwhere.) You might wanna call it a "sleeve stripe", but when the players come out of the tunnel, its gonna look more like a 4 inch flag. Its just not working anymore.

And can we stop getting all worked up over supposed "color changes" from a downloaded photoshop paste pic? Remember a few weeks ago when everyone went nuts over the Viking's switching to dark purple and vegas gold based on leaked pic?

i actually believe that i have found the new browns jersey:

Browns New Jersey

:D

Ha ha ha! I think that one is more fitting for the Brownies.

The first thing that came to my mind after seeing that? One in the pink...

two in the stink?

now i have seen everything a bangels fan bashing jersey selection.

Damn right I am. I'd take any jersey from the Bengals over anything to come out of the mistake by the lake.

Are we positive these are the new jerseys? I would have sworn that when it was announced they were going retro that the AL would be removed from the sleeves.

Plus, wasn't he only responsible for bringing the "new" Browns back to Cleveland? I don't think he had anything to do with the team before that, so it seems really stupid to permantly memoralize him.

Are we positive these are the new jerseys? I would have sworn that when it was announced they were going retro that the AL would be removed from the sleeves.

Yes. These are legit.

And...for the 1,024th time...the Brown really didn't change. The fabric color is EXACTLY the same as it's been since the Browns came back in 1999.

However, the "old" Brown (1995 and earlier) was a bit lighter.

(do I have to explain this AGAIN????)

:blink:

:P

i wouldn't mind seeing the titans add an oil derrick logo somewhere, when bud passes on.

would be a nice tribute to both the team history, and the founder of the afl/oilers/titans.

Archived