St. Louis Cardinals

jgsmith725

I'm not sure how I feel about the sleeve and collar stripes, but I have always loved the St. Louis script that you use on the aways. Also, the numbers look a little too narrow to me. All in all, though, good work.

Just out of curiosity, do St. Louis fans make an issue out of the fact that the road jerseys don't say St. Louis?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Just out of curiosity, do St. Louis fans make an issue out of the fact that the road jerseys don't say St. Louis?

I always like it when the away team has the city or state wordmark on the jerseys. I didnt like it when the dodgers didnt have the los angeles wordmark on the aways, now they do, milwaukee doesnt do it, baltimore doesnt do it, and I wish anaheim, i mean los angeles angeles would put "los angeles" on the away jereseys. I wish they would just go back to being the california angels in IMO , I know I am getting off hand of the concept, but I would love to see the cardinals have the st. louis script on the away uniforms.

appsiggold.png

Looks really good. I've always likes collar striping like that. My only suggestion is maybe go with a red alternate. The two alternates are almost exactly the same and its not really necessary to have one for home and away. I think you should try a red one or just ditch one of the alts all together.

I've been a die-hard Cardinals fan my ENTIRE LIFE, and I have always thought it'd be cool, but not necessarily critical, that it say St. Louis on the roads. As you can see, the problem is, that St. Louis is a shorter word, so the bat and birds extend WAY out to the sides and looks kinda weird. Also, on an alt., if you're gonna do two, make the home red. Actually, if you're gonna do one, make it red. Just a fan's opinion. Although I have done on a concept before, for fun, not for suggestion of use. B)

DUDE! This concept is awesome. I LOVE those blue alts and how the aways have the St. Louis on them. I always love when a team puts their city/state name on aways as previously said by jgsmith725. Out of curiosity, what concept did you use to make this?

CNBtE.png

I like these, but I've never liked the idea of putting St. Louis on the Cardinals' road jerseys.

Sheesh, these are the major leagues. It's not as if you think these Cardinals are from Arizona.

I've been a die-hard Cardinals fan my ENTIRE LIFE, and I have always thought it'd be cool, but not necessarily critical, that it say St. Louis on the roads. As you can see, the problem is, that St. Louis is a shorter word, so the bat and birds extend WAY out to the sides and looks kinda weird. Also, on an alt., if you're gonna do two, make the home red. Actually, if you're gonna do one, make it red. Just a fan's opinion. Although I have done on a concept before, for fun, not for suggestion of use.  B)

What if it said Saint Louis under the bat? Or is that too long now? I think it looks cooler completely written out, for some reason. Either way, the city should be on there.

I've never liked the idea of putting St. Louis on the Cardinals' road jerseys.

Sheesh, these are the major leagues. It's not as if you think these Cardinals are from Arizona.

Yeah, but it's what you do. It doesn't matter how big or small your fanbase is, you play somewhere, and it should be duly represented on the traveling uniforms. Especially with St. Louis, with its "best fans in baseball," the city should be on there.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

too bad if they were to wear it. OZZIE wouldnt be invited to watch.

He's always been invited...but he rarely shows cause of TLR.

It all comes from Ozzie's last year in St. Louis. The Cardinals didn't know if Oz would be back so they signed(or traded for, can't remember) Royce Clayton. TLR in his first year said there would be a competition for SS in Spring Training. Ozzie performed slighty better in ST but Royce got the nod as the starter. In the end, Ozzie played about 60-70 games in his last season.

Ozzie still is upset about it and won't return to the Cardinals in any capacity until LaRussa is gone. I think its pretty sad that there is still a grudge with Ozzie 10 years later. He had played 18 years and was wishy washy about returning. What should they have done?

I love ozzie and he was always my favorite player growing up. But I've always kinda sided with management on this. I think Ozzie should just realize that he was at the end of a hall of fame career, fading fast, and come back to his rightful place as a full time representative of the Cardinals. Be it as a spring training coach, figure head, whatever. I'd love to see Jose Oquendo promoted to manager someday with Ozzie serving as a Third Base coach or bench coach.

10 years is nothing. Yogi Berra didn't show up at Yankee Stadium for 14 years because George Steinbrenner fired him 8 games into a season and didn't personally tell him.

Personally I think TLR should be fired not becasue of Ozzie but because that team should have at least won 1 World Championship during the last 10 years. He has to be one of the worst October mangers in Baseball history.

As far as the Concept though I'm not a fan. Because of the Birds and Bat the Cardinals jersey look better without stripes. With stripes it's too cluttered.

I have always liked the idea of teams using the place they are from on the road jerseys. Even though shorter then "Cardinals" it still looks really good here. And I like the addition of the strips on the sleeves. However, I don't like them on the collars. Too much in my opinion. I also agree that the numbers are a little narrow. But overall, I it's a very nice concept.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Only thing i change is the color of the home alts to red.Everything else looks great.

i also really like these. everything's great but I prefer the road alt. w/ st louis on 'em compared to the home alt. i would also like to see a red home alt. great job.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Yeah, but it's what you do. It doesn't matter how big or small your fanbase is, you play somewhere, and it should be duly represented on the traveling uniforms. Especially with St. Louis, with its "best fans in baseball," the city should be on there.

Under that idea, it would be better if teams used the name of their city (or geographical region) on their home uniforms rather than on road uniforms. That way, under this kind of reasoning, the players would be telling the fans, "We are YOU." I mean, wouldn't that make more sense?

To me, something overrules all of that: Tradition. I mean, when was the last time the Cardinals wore "St. Louis" on their road uniforms?

Another team I'd like to see use its team name on road uniforms is the Royals. I'd like to see them go back to the Dick Howser era, using the powder blue road uniforms with the white Royals in script. Of course, they wouldn't go to the sans-a-belt look, though.

And the Cleveland script on the Cleveland Indians road uniforms looks horrible. Put the script Indians on the road unis.

I like these, although I would suggest a home red alternate like everyone else. I'd also make a middle white stripe on the grays between the red and blue; the 80s unis had it.

The "St Louis" looks pretty good, too.

If TLR cannot win a WS soon with Pujols in his prime, then he'll never win one in St. Louis. We're quickly turning into the Braves of the NL Central.

My biggest complaint is that if you're gonna have the away jerseys say "St. Louis" then the top of the L should curve around the bat in the same way that the top of the S does.

I like the blue jerseys, but not as much as our current red batting practice jerseys. I know that the Cardinals said that they would never wear alternate jerseys or batting practice jerseys during a real game.

And the striping on the sleeves looks good as well.

From my understanding (and I could be wrong on this) the away jerseys never said "St. Louis" because for a while the Cardinals were the team that was the farthest west, so they had fans everywhere and they didn't want to aileniate (sp?) any of them.

Personally, as a Cardinals fan outside of St. Louis, I wouldn't be devastated with "St. Louis" on the away jerseys, but I would vote against it because of tradition.

Archived