Teams That Should Go Back to Old Colors

ShinyHubCaps

Flyers - We need to revert back to the late 90s where the old orange jersey will be the home, white be the road and black goes back to being 3rd.

76ers - Red White and Blue, the jerseys they wore in iversons rookie year looked great.

agreed, go back to those unis and add a royal blue alt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Kinda liked the mid 80's gray uni the pistons had. Kinda of find it funny also and this meant as no slight to previous poster but how there is a lot of talk about the the bucs creamsicle unis but people couldn't wait for the change. One other is the pirates returning to yellow hats with black brims.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

Kinda of find it funny also and this meant as no slight to previous poster but how there is a lot of talk about the the bucs creamsicle unis but people couldn't wait for the change.

Oh, I know I'm in the minority on the Bucs. And I totally see why they changed.

But I still love 'em.

"The List begins with 'Buffalo' and ends with 'Sabres'."

Genius.

Also true.

So let's see...we got those very same Sabres, along with the MLB's Milwaukee Brewers and Seattle Mariners, and the NFL's St. Louis Rams.

What do these teams all have in common? Anyone guess?

ALL USED TO USE ROYAL BLUE AND YELLOW. NOW, NONE DO.

Why the Sabres changed I have no clue (since I really don't follow the NHL as much anymore, not that I really ever did). And by the way, I hope their next logo actually has, oh, I don't know, a SABRE somewhere in it, like the old one did. (The sabre stuck through the "B" don't count.) The Brewers and Mariners both used that scheme. At least Milwaukee's going back to it, albeit on special occasions. (Is it a Sunday Special or something like that now? That's what I was told, but don't know for sure...) The Mariners dump that scheme for a navy blue and teal, which actually are "marine colors", so--ok, I can go for that. But The Brewers and Rams must have sipped something from the same cup cuz BOTH went to dark blue (navy?) and vegas gold. (Although, for a period of time, Milwaukee had a lil green mixed up in there.) The Rams, I know why they did it--establish their OWN identity in St. Louis, independent of the L.A. days, but--still, I LIKED those old Rams sets. (Let's see them in a Turkey Day classic in those old sets--against my creamsicle BUCS!!! YEAH!! *and then he woke up*)

So let's see...let's put the Rams back in royal (with the horn on the sleeves to match), the Sabres back in those colors, and The Brew--uh, never mind, they already are. Well--sorta, kinda. (Sundays.)

And how about the old Philly kelly and silver? (That'd be god for a Turkey Day game, too.)

I like the Seahawks' look now, but I LOVED their old ones. (Well, not the log as much--new logo in old colors on old-style uniform = big-time winner in most folks' eyes.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So let's see...let's put the Rams back in royal (with the horn on the sleeves to match),

You know, I can agree to part of that... the Royal Blue/ yellow gold combo clearly outshines the current look, but not the sleeve horns. Rams have only one set of horns... and they're on their heads!! Horns on the shoulders??? Makes no sense.

The Ram uni that needs to make a comeback? The 50's Gold jersey/ white pants with the royal helmet. One of the best unis EVER!

Vancouver Canucks: I love the current colors but there is already to much navy and dark red in the four leauges Blue and Green are sweet colors and original. Maybe even Yellow and Red would be cool if they change the clor combo.

Buffalo Sabres: I dont think i need to exlapin this most people already have.

Milwauke Bucks: Green and Purple got to be the worse color combo ever.

San Diego Chargers: Baby blue and Yellow ROCK.

Memphis Grizzlies: I never loved the Vancouver Grizzlies colors and logo but i was always mad when Memphis used the same name, logo and colors in Memphis because they were Vancouvers Name, Logo and Colors. Now though i wished they'd kept the logo because it was Vancouvers logo and we still had some part of the city in the NBA, i miss my grizzlies <_<

I cant think of anymore i probaly will later but meh.

NBA

Houston Rockets - bring back the jerseys with the blue rocket and stripes.

Orlando Magic - bring back the pinstripes.

Philadelphia 76ers - bring back the jerseys that Iverson wore his rooker year.

Seattle Supersonics - bring back the jerseys they wore when they went to the NBA Finals in 1996.

NFL

Denver Broncos - bring back the orange jerseys and blue helmets.

San Diego Chargers - bring back the Dan Fouts jerseys.

Detroit Lions - get the black out of your program.

I think everything is trends. Too many teams had royal, so a lot of teams switched to a darker blue or black. Now too many teams have that, I'm sure it'll switch back and come full circle at some point.

And the Rams, while blue and yellow is "classic", look so much sharper in navy and gold.

Royals and Twins could benefit from going back to powder blue. Not all the time. Just sometimes.

There are a few MLB teams that would look better with road powder blues rather than grays. Especially the Royals.

Other possibilities are the Blue Jays, Brewers and, yes, the Phillies (especially if they ever returned to the maroon).

NBA

Houston Rockets - bring back the jerseys with the blue rocket and stripes.

Oh no...those Pajama's (along with Toronto's PJ's) were the worst uniforms in basketball history.

What the Rockets need to do is revert back to there original identity of Mustard and Ketchup (the 94-95 Champioship uni's) but keep the current "R" logo as the primary logo.

And the Clippers ....they need to use the light blue/orange combo they used in San Diego. And while there at it, use that Sail's logo as well....

MLB:

Kansas City....surprised no one said this but the public demands the revival of the powder blue road uniforms. Nuff said.

NYCdog.png

Well --

NFL --Buffalo needs to go back to the Juice specials ....

San Diego - Well Collegiete Blue come back ,

Washington- More Yellow Gold like the 70's

Philla - bring back the Silver strips on the shoulders .. But with the jersey now .

NO- go back to the bland gold & Numbers

ATL Sliver pants

Stl - i like the new color =s but i miss the old uni's

Det- must wear throwbacks , I like there regular & the Lions have had Black in & out of there Uni's for a while ..

SF --go back to montana

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Denver Broncos - bring back the orange jerseys and blue helmets.

YES! YES! YYYEEESSSS!!!

I don't know HOW that one slipped by me. Say it with me now...ORANGE CRUSH! Plus that shade of blue they had was uniquely cool. (what's up with me and orange lately--when YELLOW's my fave color? Eh...must be cuz of my Bucs...) Anyway, yeah, I wouldn't be mad if the Broncos kept the same uniforms they got now, just use the old colors (to include ORANGE primary--and since that old bue was never a jersey color, it'd look good as an alt), and blue helmet.

If I ever get good at Photoshop I promise Imma try that in there and see how it looks.

Now, as for this:

Pensacola Ice Pilots. And as a rumor states in my Pensacola Destroyers (UFL) thread, they are going back.

YES! YES! YYYEESSS!!!

Red and black have NOTHING to do with that team or any part of Pensacola's heritage as the birthplace (er, cradle) of naval aviation. (Think they and whoever runs the Sabres took a puff from the same crackpipe? Both hockey teams did the exact same thing--went from blue and yellow to black, red, and silver. Coincidink? Hmm...)

Anyway, I'm glad the Pilots are going back. (Just drop the "Ice" part.) IMO Denver would do good by doing that, too.

As far as Detroit goes, blame the black on Millen tryna put his mark on the team (and coincidentally creating the "Detroit Raiders"). Black must go, even as a trim. (Wonder what the Ford family's opinion of the black is/was?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived