Sign in to follow this  
charliec107

Orioles Grey Cap from mid-90's

Does anyone know if the O's ever used the grey cap in an actual game? Could someone give me an answer or possibly provide a picture? Thanks.

at least those look better than those pinstriped white hats teams have tried...

an orange cap would have been obnoxiously better.

I'm not sure if the Royals did, but I know the Pirates used a grey cap for a little while during this time.

It seems like the Royals rolled out a gray cap around the same time.  Anyone remember or did I dream this up?

royalsgraycap0sl.jpg

I'm not sure if the Royals did, but I know the Pirates used a grey cap for a little while during this time.

piratesgraycap23rz.jpg

It seems like the Royals rolled out a gray cap around the same time.  Anyone remember or did I dream this up?

royalsgraycap0sl.jpg

piratesgraycap23rz.jpg

Why on earth would teams feel the need to have a grey cap?? They look atrocious!!

The Royals grey cap actually looked nice I thoought, better then the Mets white hat which had the unfortunate side effect of John Olerud with a white helmet

The Royals grey cap actually looked nice I thoought, better then the Mets white hat which had the unfortunate side effect of John Olerud with a white helmet

05dm.jpg

The Pirates actually had 2 gray caps.

One with a black P and a little known cap that came out the year before with a yellow P.

JoOl9702.JPG

Yeah, that does look a little odd.

One with a black P and a little known cap that came out the year before with a yellow P.

I don't think I've ever seen (or heard of) a gray Pirates cap with a yellow P. Photos anyone?

Here are a few more oddities that I posted a while back:

07io.jpg

10ec2.jpg

Does anyone know the reasoning behind this grey hat trend? Was it just to have a hat to match the road uniforms, or was there something else at work?

that pirate cap with the gold p never made it to a game. it was presented as part of the new road unis in 1997, but from a distance, the p wouldn't be clearly seen, so the buccos reversed the gold p with black outline to a black p with a gold outline. wore it for all road games in 97, most road games in 98, several road games in 99 and was gone by 2000.

tb

In my opinion the grey cap look reminds me of many collegiate baseball teams. I have no problems as long as it's only worn with the road grey unis.

I don't think I've ever seen (or heard of) a gray Pirates cap with a yellow P. Photos anyone?

Here are a few more oddities that I posted a while back:

07io.jpg

10ec2.jpg

What is that Dodgers cap? Is that a B.P.?

I've never seen that hat before.

05dm.jpg

Put that with the traditional blue cap and that is the perfect Mets home uniform.

I love the ice cream man look!

I thought the White Sox looked sharp with white caps on Sunday, too.

I did like the A's of the 1960s and '70s having the manager and coaches wear white hats with the green bills. I kind of wish they would bring that back.

The Dodgers' one was indeed a B.P. cap. The only alt. cap they wore was the blue one with the silver visor and the silver LA logo outlined in blue and white. Who decided the Dodgers' needed an alternate uniform is beyond me.

As for the rest of 'em, the Reds' pinstriped white cap wasn't terrible; the white and gray caps might have been palatable if they were solid white and gray (I have an all-white cap and it looks sharp). The problem was the colored bills--since they were the only dark things on the uniforms, they threy the whole look off. Had the hats been all-white (whith a white uniform) or all-gray (with a gray uniform), they might've been able to pull them off.