Orioles Grey Cap from mid-90's

charliec107

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind the gray hat look, except for the Pirates. Their road gray jerseys were pinstriped and the hats were solid gray. Looks dumb to me.

As a side note I really like those Reds uniforms with the white pinstripe hat.

I think those all looked kickass for the most part, and I wish more teams would go for a white hat or at least one with a white panel at home *coughTwinscough*. I think it makes the uni match that much more, and it's gotta be cooler for the players on those dog days of summer. On a side note, I never realized the Mets had sans-pinstripe home jerseys before they added the black, what year was that? I also never knew those Dodgers alternates were ever actually worn.

10ec2.jpg

A long time ago I had a Cubs cap like this - of course blue instead of red pinstripes/bill. I can't recall if it was ever on the field (as opposed to just being a fashion hat), but then again, I was pretty young so I have no idea. Just seeing this pic reminded me. The cap was a Starter back when Starter was cool.

In my opinion the grey cap look reminds me of many collegiate baseball teams. I have no problems as long as it's only worn with the road grey unis.

I agree, except that gray caps would also be fine if a team wore gray as a primary color. If, say, the Expos had gone to Northern Virginia and become the Generals or the Rebels or something, then they'd probably have had blue and gray as primary colors, and a gray cap would have been just fine. Or, you know, if the Devil Rays become the Gulls. But it needs to be a darker gray than the almost-white most teams wear as road unis. Something like the "old" Jays slate gray would be fine.

20082614447.png

In reply to BBM's post, the D-Backs did have a white cap but I don't believe it ever saw game action. Same with their teal cap. They introduced a bunch of stuff in '95 but by the time they had played their first game in '98, everything had been tweeked.

I believe Buck Showalter wore the white cap at his introductory press conference in '95, however.

Thanks, jm. I was looking for a pic of them in action on Google, but no luck. If I recall, they had a purple brim on them.

The DBacks have had ALOT of different looks for only been around less than 10 years (and not even changing their logo).

So let's recap the DBacks caps in their history:

A:

purple cap, purple brim

purple cap, teal brim

black cap, teal brim

white cap, purple brim

D:

black hat, black brim

Am I missing any? That's a lot for a team only around 8 years.

So let's recap the DBacks caps in their history:

A:

purple cap, purple brim

purple cap, teal brim

black cap, teal brim

white cap, purple brim

D:

black hat, black brim

Am I missing any? That's a lot for a team only around 8 years.

You forgot Teal cap, Purple brim.

Archived