Bucks Draft Hat

gmlouisville

How about going 3-layer for the numbering and lettering, with silver between the green and red? That way, the two colors have more space and contrast between them. Otherwise, with these particular shades of green and red, I think they'd just bleed together when viewed from a distance.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The new Bucks logo revealed!!

Joe_Buck.jpg

I don't know, he doesn't look angry enough...

Show him a clip of Randy Moss pretending to moon someone... :P

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The new Bucks logo revealed!!

Joe_Buck.jpg

I don't know, he doesn't look angry enough...

Let's all just be thankful they scrapped the initial plans to re-brand themselves as the "Milwaukee McCarvers." Yeeeesh.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I didn't mind the purple and the green. I had often imagined if the roles had been reversed for the sake of the away uniforms, but for the most part, the two colors do complement each other. I mean seriously, who else has purple and green? There are only six primary-secondary colors, and I think that purple-green is the hook-up from which I have seen the least. (Unless you try orange and yellow, but that would be horrible by themselves.)

But red and green? Someone got there wish from the "old colors" thread, I guess, although it is a more rust-colored red. The red itself is all right, but what is with that, red and green? Is that their way of isolating people with colorblindness?

Honestly, I thought that teams avoided red and green for that very reason. Sure, to depart itself from Christmas colors would be a good thing too, but I figured that they didn't want to offend people with colorblindness. That is also my reasoning behind two teams not wearing the same saturation, like one team always wears white or yellow for the other team's color.

But what can we do?

Wait for the uniforms. Hopefully they will be good enough to erase this horrible draft hat from my memory forever. And if there is a primarily red jersey, I'm going to have to boycott them or something. I don't know, but it will be a mistake.

Needs to be the primary colors:

41-04657-P.jpg

Should be Black

41-04658-P.jpg

Should be Green

41-04665-P.jpg

Should be Purple

41-04654-P.jpg

Should be Red

41-04666-P.jpg

Should be Black

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

If you listen really carefully you can hear taps playing in the background of this post.

Horrible.

I can't believe that for two years, every "Bucks" concept on this board was a re-color of their existing work. I chastised people..poked, prodded and encouraged...come of with something NEW! Their color problems are only phase 1 I said.

And as if by some cruel joke that is actually what they DO??!! I am stunned. Maybe I shouldn't be. It's the NBA.

Look...ditching purple was priority one. Purple was knee jerk, racially stereo-type motivated and copy cat. The removal of purple is the undoing of 13 years of embarrassment. But to stop there.............Argh. I am so furious.

One of the other (many) problems our look had/still has is that the purple and green were very similar in (help me out Pantone) richness? tone? INsert technical color related term here? SOmething. THey were both mid-dark colors. There was no heirarchy...dark, mid, light that gives a great concept balance and clarity.

Swapping out purple for an equally similar red fixes nothing. And on top of that, now that red and green are sharing the spot light 50/50 we'll be pretty much the only team in pro sports rocking the 70s Christmas theme. Don't lump the Wild in here. THere is a clear heirarchy and red is mostly an accent. They look good.

I don't think we'll realize what a huge copout and mistake this is until some time has passed. The afterglow of purple being gone clouds the real shame here.

Stoned, afraid, man-deer (look at the shoulders) with a pig nose and the revolutionary use of the triangle! are still the hallmarks of this identity. I swear, if those antlers weren't pretty bad ass.....this would be the worst logo in major sports.

Maybe this was mostly a financial decision. Cheaper to redo the arena/offices...get a little retro sales pop while there still is some to be had.

Especially given that I "met" with them and submitted my portfolio and would've worked like a dog to come up with something as long as it took.

I'm pretty heartbroken here.

OH well....this "new" look should be played out in roughly three years and maybe I'll get to take another stab at it.

Please don't look at this as sour grapes. It REALLY isn't. I was rooting as hard as anybody for this to rule cause first and foremost they are my team.

The wordmark does look a little better, but it's like putting curtains in an outhouse.

Cheer down, will ya?

Over the past five years or so, more NBA teams have changed just their colors (and not the actual logo) than I can ever remember in any sport:

Boston Celtics (added colors)

Miami Heat

Utah Jazz

Denver Nuggets

Indiana Pacers

Phoenix Suns

And now the Bucks.

In fact the only teams I can think of in recent memory to completely change their logo AND colors have been the Grizzlies, Mavs and Cavs.

How did Boston change their colors without changing the logo? Their have never been any colors besides green and white on the jersey.... the logo is the only place you could see a different color.

How did the Heat change their colors? They've always been Black/Red.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

How did the Heat change their colors?  They've always been Black/Red.

Heat (1989-99)

5569.gif

Heat (2000-pres)

799.gif

As for Boston, the logo really is the thing that changed. But they did add the black alt.

Honestly, I thought that teams avoided red and green for that very reason. Sure, to depart itself from Christmas colors would be a good thing too, but I figured that they didn't want to offend people with colorblindness.

Yeah, I don't think that's ever been a concern.

Anyway, I think Christmas colors are good for a Milwaukee team in a winter sport.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The thing lost in all this in my opinion is...this recolor actually looks very nice. The Nuggets and, especially, the Jazz looked completely forced and don't really look good - this one looks like it meant to be these colors in the first place. I never hated the green/purple anyway, maybe I just don't know enough about what deer look like. I like this one better than the recolor concepts also (except that green and bronze one which was sick!) - I think the new font works better for some reason.

I think the red looks almost marooney...and the new color package is similar to the UW-Green Bay Fighting Phoenix.

I myself am a fan of a green/maroon/white (or silver) color scheme.

I was hoping for a new logo however.

pink_floyd_poster_back_covers.jpg

brewers3.png

I didn't mind the purple and the green. I had often imagined if the roles had been reversed for the sake of the away uniforms, but for the most part, the two colors do complement each other. I mean seriously, who else has purple and green? There are only six primary-secondary colors, and I think that purple-green is the hook-up from which I have seen the least. (Unless you try orange and yellow, but that would be horrible by themselves.)

But red and green? Someone got there wish from the "old colors" thread, I guess, although it is a more rust-colored red. The red itself is all right, but what is with that, red and green? Is that their way of isolating people with colorblindness?

only other team in the entire sporting world I can think of that uses purple and green is Aussie rules' Fremantle Dockers, and ironically they use red as well. The (now no longer Mighty) Ducks count if you wanna go into shades of purple (eggplant) and shades of green (jade)

BgMack: the Heat's original unis also used orange on the home/away trim and home numbers (I'm positive orange wasn't on the away or alt numbers, though I'm not sure if it was part of the old red jersey's trim or not)

dude who asked about the Celts' change: the Celtics' Irishman used to be all white with black outline, the only exception being the shamrocks on his vest and hat band. the skin's now caucasian, the vest and hat band are now bronze; the pants, shoes and hat are now black, the ball is now dark orange, and the shileaglh (sp?) is brown. adding to that, the Celtics used to frequently use gold trim on the warmup shirts, tees and such, but nowadays that trim's black if it's there at all (notwithstanding the St. Patty's unis)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

only other team in the entire sporting world I can think of that uses purple and green is Aussie rules' Fremantle Dockers, and ironically they use red as well. The (now no longer Mighty) Ducks count if you wanna go into shades of purple (eggplant) and shades of green (jade)

BgMack: the Heat's original unis also used orange on the home/away trim and home numbers (I'm positive orange wasn't on the away or alt numbers, though I'm not sure if it was part of the old red jersey's trim or not)

You're correct about the Orange NOT being present on the old Red alts (for the Heat).

One interesting fact about the Heat's old colors - the Red and Yellow were custom mixes, with the Orange being a screen of the Red and Yellow.

Creating that gradient mess was very complicated...one of the main reasons why they went to a Red, Black and Yellow version of the logo in 1999-2000.

I know they changed the trim. I have an authentic 1995 Zo jersey and have been a Heat fan for a long time. But the way it was originally stated was that the Heat changed their colors. My point was that's somewhat inaccurate as all they really did was go from Black, Red, Orange, Yellow, and White to Black, Red, Yellow, and White. They eliminated Orange and eliminated the gradient. That's it (okay they also made the flame in the T in Heat go out instead of up). As far as colors/logo it was merely a small tweak. Yes they did change to the Pistons/Lakers style jersey and that in its own right is a huge uniform change, but they didn't change the colors much.

t1_mourning.jpgAlonzo.jpg

heat24.jpg2.gifmourning.gif

spacer.png

They changed the shades of Red and Yellow as well, but I'm not sure you're counting that either.

IMO - those original Heat uniforms were just horrible. Awful.

MiamiHeat_FRC_1999_SOL.jpg

MiamiHeat_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

Little-known fact: this past season's alts are darker color of Red than before. Different than it had been. And, they call the alt color Maroon:

MiamiHeat_AUC_9999_SOL.jpg

Archived