Throwbacks!!

random

the Chargers powder blues are the only "retro" uniforms I really like in any sport. However if they were to return full time I would like to see them modernized in some way, kind like this (copy and paste)

http://the_shark_says.tripod.com/football/chargersunis.jpg

those 49ers throwbacks, seeing as how they got killed on monday wearing them, should never....EHHHHHVVVEEERRR....be worn....A-GAIN!!!

I believe the Cowboys throwback would qualify as the worst. It doesnt even seem to remotely match the pants.

Nothing in the Cowboys uniforms have matched each other for the last twenty-two years, so why should any throwbacks match either?

:P

I believe the Cowboys throwback would qualify as the worst. It doesnt even seem to remotely match the pants.

Nothing in the Cowboys uniforms have matched each other for the last twenty-two years, so why should any throwbacks match either?

:P

of course, if its from 1995 does it even qualify as a "throwback"??

You are right. It shouldnt really qualify as a throwback as much as it is just an alternate. Putting it in that category, it may be the worst 3rd jersey used this year. Pantone is right also, I just thought maybe Jerrah could have tried something different and match. Those double star jerseys are a beat down.

I am sitting here now thinking how the Cowboys could mix things up and spice up the unis. When was the last time the Cowboys used navy pants?

I have always been particularly fond of the Lions throwbacks, especially when Barry Sanders was sporting them in the '94 season. The simple blue jersey, solid silver pants, and solid blue socks are awesome. I think its that Honolulu Blue though that really makes it so nice.

In fact, if the Lions have to change their jerseys (I still like them after all of these years), I hope they simplify them them on the level of the throwbacks rather than make them more gawdy like other teams have been doing lately.

But if I have to pick one throwback as the hands down winner, its the Chargers powder blues, maybe because I have whined about them for so long....

Archived