The NHL Off-season

I don't like this trade. Denis is solid, he can play alot of games, and if you give him three goals he usually doesn't lose. Modin is a pretty good forward, and I don't know alot about this Norrena. The Blue Jackets could use size like Modin, but I don't think that Pascal Lecaire is a number one goalie yet. This leaves David Vyborny as the only original Blue Jacket left.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Bruins? Spending money?!?!

WTF!?!?!

Wait, is it 1998?

Oh, that's right, the Bruins have spent in the cap era. Yikes, get up to date.

I meant money on players that are worth it. (Remember about $5 million a season for Martin Lapointe? Or how about Zhamnov?)

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Nice move. If Muckler is able to keep the offencive explosiveness, yet add some grit and character, Gerber will be great between the pipes.

BTW, Brian Pothier signed a long deal with the Capitals

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170231&hubname=

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Marc Savard to Boston.

I gotta say Atlanta was STUPID to let him walk.

The Thrashers' problems weren't on offense. And let's keep in mind that Savard, except for this season, is oft-injured. His stats were inflated because of Kovalchuk and Hossa, and it being the last year of his contract.

Bringing him back, especially for $5 million, doesn't improve the team on the ice and in regards with the Cap.

The Thrashers' problems weren't on offense. And let's keep in mind that Savard, except for this season, is oft-injured. His stats were inflated because of Kovalchuk and Hossa, and it being the last year of his contract.

Bringing him back, especially for $5 million, doesn't improve the team on the ice and in regards with the Cap.

Agree with you there. Savard's season reeked of contract-year incentive. Considering the dearth of offencive talent in Boston, expect a steep dive in his performance next season. Glen Murray and Patrice Bergeron aren't Marian Hossa or Ilya Kovalchuk.

Drat, I just repeated what you just said. :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived