The NHL Off-season

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up date on Battaglia, new offer the deal is not signed, but the Leafs offered him the contract it's a two-way deal, but Bates wants a one-way deal. So if he can't get the one way he will sign the two way, so it's just a matter of time until he actually signs.

untitled-6.jpg

Gary Roberts has expressed interest in signing with the Maple Leafs.

must be that "biased toronto media" again...

The report claims he has approached Mike Keenan about trading him to Toronto, that is, if they would take him. I personally like Roberts, but he is too old and if we are buying out Domi, why would we bring in someone older than him? He had his chance to return, but like most old people, Florida was too tempting of an offer.

Because last year Roberts actually played worth :censored:. He may be older than Domi, but he's more skilled. And it's not like the Leafs don't know what to expect from him either. He and Sundin had chemistry. Don't be suprised if they try to get Mogilny back too...it's not like NJ wants him.

Leafs release Domi and Belfour.

http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/06/276136.html

Canucks sign the Sedins to three year deals.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170105&hubname=

What an awesome day. First, Germany comes back to defeat the Argentines, and now, my least favourite player, Tie Domi has been released by my least favourite team, AND the Canucks re-sign the Sedins! What a day, filled with great news.

The Tampa Bay Lightning have acquired goaltender Marc Denis from Columbus in exchange for forward Fredrik Modin and Finnish netminder Fredrik Norrena.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I don't know what I think about this trade. Denis is solid, he can play alot of games, and if you give him three goals he usually doesn't lose. Modin is a pretty good forward, and I don't know alot about this Norrena. The Blue Jackets could use size like Modin, but I don't know if Pascal Lecaire is a number one goalie yet. This leaves David Vyborny as the only original Blue Jacket left.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This isn't anything that at least Blues fans haven't known was coming for some time, but it's comforting to have it official.

The Blues sale has officially closed. All the i's have been dotted and the t's have been crossed. Nothing's left, it's official. Dave Checketts and his Sports Capital Partners are the new owners of the St. Louis Blues and Savvis Center.

Also officially announced was that Larry Pleau will remain as GM (at least for this year).

The coolest news is probably that John Davidson will officially be moving to St. Louis to become the Blues President. He'll be in charge of all things hockey. This was also pretty strongly rumored/reported, but we were told it wouldn't be official until everything closed, so I'm glad to see it happening now.

The other cool thing announced was that Brett Hull's #16 will be retired this upcoming season.

This isn't anything that at least Blues fans haven't known was coming for some time, but it's comforting to have it official.

The Blues sale has officially closed. All the i's have been dotted and the t's have been crossed. Nothing's left, it's official. Dave Checketts and his Sports Capital Partners are the new owners of the St. Louis Blues and Savvis Center.

Also officially announced was that Larry Pleau will remain as GM (at least for this year).

The coolest news is probably that John Davidson will officially be moving to St. Louis to become the Blues President. He'll be in charge of all things hockey. This was also pretty strongly rumored/reported, but we were told it wouldn't be official until everything closed, so I'm glad to see it happening now.

The other cool thing announced was that Brett Hull's #16 will be retired this upcoming season.

Wow, that's a lot of good news, and JD's steppin out of the announcers box and into a business role? Wow, that's awesome. I've always cheered on the Blues for some reason, I hope they can get back to being a hard competitor against the Red Wings.

Arbitration for Antropov?

The Toronto Maple Leafs made Nik Antropov a qualifying offer Monday night, a two-way deal that would make the player over $1 million US if he plays in the NHL next season.

However, if he plays for the Toronto's AHL-affiliate, the Marlies, he will make only $95,000 Canadian. The large difference in salary almost guarantees the Kazakh player may seek arbitration this summer, according to Ken Campbell of the Toronto Star, to have the minor-league proviso removed.

The terms of the new CBA made it possible for the Leafs to be able to make such an offer to their player. But Antropov will be looking to come to a different agreement.

In other Leaf news, it appears Tie Domi's time with Toronto is coming to an end. The veteran winger is expected to be bought out of his contract by Friday. In the meantime, the Leafs are looking to move his $1.25 million salary.

I'm pretty sure that is the worst way to use cap space. I hope he doesn't re-sign. He was easily the worst player on the team, perhaps the whole league last year. He can't even skate!

Let me be the first to say godbye to my two favourite players on the Senators.

Goodbye Chara we probably wont see another guy like you picking up McCabe and throwing him around like a ragdoll. And sparing Lecavalier with a perfect picture in the tampa series. And to Mach nine Marty havlat who i thought was the most exciting player on the team. Goodbye. :cry:

Hi, how are you?

Goodbye Chara we probably wont see another guy like you picking up McCabe and throwing him around like a ragdoll. And sparing Lecavalier with a perfect picture in the tampa series. And to Mach nine Marty havlat who i thought was the most exciting player on the team. Goodbye. :cry:

You're sad that the Sens may lose Havlat? Please. He's a moody blight on an otherwise stand-up group of players (How many more suspensions for kicking will it take for people to notice?), and vanishes come playoff time. Toss him to the curb and get some value in return.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

You're sad that the Sens may lose Havlat? Please. He's a moody blight on an otherwise stand-up group of players (How many more suspensions for kicking will it take for people to notice?), and vanishes come playoff time. Toss him to the curb and get some value in return.

If you watched the Tampa series...He was there. The only thing i can hope for is that they can get some heart in return.

Hi, how are you?

Archived