Iraqi players killed for wearing shorts

brinkeguthrie

It's people like you supporting those imperialist pigs in Washington that make people around the world hate the US.

Hi, :censored:. My name is John. Nice to meet you. I'm sure we'll be the BEST of friends...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

what needs to happen is the embedded reporters need to be pulled out of Iraq, then have pentagon briefings as the only reports out of Iraq. Then we need to uncuff the troops and let them shoot the radicals in the field of battle with out fear of pissing off the new york times. In other words, unleash a blitzkrieg against the radicals. The occupation will go alittle better than its going now. If it pisses off the new york times, hollywood and Howard Dean, too bad. I want this dam thing over and not a prolonged 100 years sensitive war.

I agree!!!

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It's people like you supporting those imperialist pigs in Washington that make people around the world hate the US.

Hi, :censored:. My name is John. Nice to meet you. I'm sure we'll be the BEST of friends...

Add "Warmongering" to that quote somewhere, and it wouldn't look out of place in an article from Pravda back in the Bad Old Days... ;)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

What the hell is wrong with some of you people? My dissent means I'm a communist? Some of you people are becoming what you fight: fanatics.

And taking all of the embedded journalists out of Iraq? What kind of BS is that? Our country was built on the system of checks and balances and would make our government seem even more hypocritical than it already does. Most (but not all) try to report the news as fairly and clearly as possible, without underlying motives. Letting the government report the news would turn it into propoganda. Nobody would get any truthful news. Instead, the government would report only what it wants. Doesn't sound like democracy. But you guys thought about that, right?

Removing embedded journalists would also give our soldiers the freedom to act like war criminals. The only thing that would accomplish is that it would cause people in the region to hate us more. Which, in turn would make things even more dangerous for us than they already are.

What the hell is wrong with some of you people? My dissent means I'm a communist? Some of you people are becoming what you fight: fanatics.

And taking all of the embedded journalists out of Iraq? What kind of BS is that? Our country was built on the system of checks and balances and would make our government seem even more hypocritical than it already does. Most (but not all) try to report the news as fairly and clearly as possible, without underlying motives. Letting the government report the news would turn it into propoganda. Nobody would get any truthful news. Instead, the government would report only what it wants. Doesn't sound like democracy. But you guys thought about that, right?

Removing embedded journalists would also give our soldiers the freedom to act like war criminals. The only thing that would accomplish is that it would cause people in the region to hate us more. Which, in turn would make things even more dangerous for us than they already are.

Who called you a communist? I sure didn't see it.

Regardless, I agree with you on the embedded journalist bit. Pulling out all independent journalists would do nothing but stir up more resistance to this war both in Iraq and here at home. It would be a disaster. Although I do not believe journalists should be embedded with the front line soldiers (for safety reasons) I do believe it is very important to have a number of unbiased (maybe international) journalists to give a first hand account of what is really going on over there.

That being said, I think we need to give our armed forces the green light to do what needs to be done. I understand why the sanctions and rules of engagement were put into place, but with this enemy I think we need a new system. I do not have that great of knowledge on military protocol but I really feel we need to give our soldiers the green light to get the job done right now. Because right now, sadly, they are sitting in there Hummers with their hands tied waiting to roll over an IED.

PopHeading-1.gif

SARCASM

Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m

Function: noun

Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut

1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain tired of continual sarcasms

2a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b: the use or language of sarcasm this is no time to indulge in sarcasm

Synonym: see WIT

The dictionary is your friend. Besides, as the Soviets would say, there is no Pravda in the Izvestia, and there is no Izvestia in the Pravda...

Anyways, I love your mixing up of political concepts (Checks and balances has nothing to with the press v. government, but rather the balance of the powers and responsibilities of the three branches of the federal government. Read the Federalist Papers, please.) and your naivetity (Reporters reporting without bias? Surely you jest!). Rather refreshing to be honest.

Removing embedded journalists would also give our soldiers the freedom to act like war criminals.

We didn't have widespread use of embedded journalists until really Vietnam (reporters on the ground in World War II were from the Army and Marine Corps were for the most part from the respective branches of service, not from media outlets, though there were exceptions. Everyone else sat in London [Edward R. Murrow anyone?] or San Diego, Honolulu, or Sydney and waited for the news to come from the military [After censors checked it out, HO NOES, CENSORSHIP!]), and there sure wasn't widespread instances of war crimes in any of those wars.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Who was this post aimed at? I know by asking that question I run the risk of looking like a complete idiot, but it's kind of confusing. You quote BJ Sands yet some of it seems to be aimed at me.

The original poster in question (BTW, you may want to requote me as I just edited my post.)

Anyways, I love your mixing up of political concepts (Checks and balances has nothing to with the press v. government, but rather the balance of the powers and responsibilities of the three branches of the federal government. Read the Federalist Papers, please.) and your naivetity (Reporters reporting without bias? Surely you jest!). Rather refreshing to be honest.

Oh, the media isn't a check on the government? Without a free press, (which, by the way, is commonly referred to as the fourth branch of the government) the people wouldn't be given the news in a digestable way.

I think we all know that sarcasm is hard to decipher on a message board. And when the talk turns political, maybe it just shouldn't be used.

(I'm not being sarcastic.)

*Back in the day when I had to hike 10 miles uphill (both ways! through 12ft snowdrifts! in the summer!) to search for my data on a Gopher server...*

Sarcasm has been the hallmark of Internet discussions since the early days of USENET, I never had a problem deciphering it, even in Middle School.

Perhaps some people just need an enema?

I think we all know that sarcasm is hard to decipher on a message board. And when the talk turns political, maybe it just shouldn't be used.

(I'm not being sarcastic.)

*Back in the day when I had to hike 10 miles uphill (both ways! through 12ft snowdrifts! in the summer!) to search for my data on a Gopher server...*

Sarcasm has been the hallmark of Internet discussions since the early days of USENET, I never had a problem deciphering it, even in Middle School.

Perhaps some people just need an enema?

Haha.

(see, I just deciphered sarcasm.)

Well, the US isn't a democracy. It's a constitutional republic. Perhaps you should look up the difference between the two......

When was the last time you ever heard Anderson Cooper, Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw, or Wolf Blitzer talk about the good in Iraq and Afghanistan? Have they ever talked about the allied forces liberating the 50 million people there? Have they ever mentioned about their women and children getting a free education? Or everyone getting the right to vote for their leaders? I could go on and on, since my good friend is over there right now. He just shakes his head at what these reporters broadcast on national news programs.

Unbiased reporting? Not as long as they're working under a set agenda set forth by their employers.

I'm totally convinced the attack, and the attitudes behind the attack, has nothing to do with actually wearing shorts and nothing to do with religion. It's about power.

One can say, "You better wear a banana on your nose because my religion says you have to, and if you don't I'm going to kill you." See, it's not religion. It's the power conveyed behind the threat.

These are people who want to abuse power, which totally explains the entire nation of Iran.

Archived