New Prime Logo

uniguy22

A TV station in Canada called Prime is changing their name and logo. The new name is TVtropolis. I kind of like the new logo, its simple, but it works.

New Logo

tv_tropolis.jpg

Old Logo

prime.gif

Looks like a giant step backward, in my opinion.

Were they related to Global? It looks like the same old logo and they must have changed since Global changed theirs.

I kinda like the use of the test pattern colour bars to make it look like a city. Upgrade.

A TV station in Canada called Prime is changing their name and logo. The new name is TVtropolis. I kind of like the new logo, its simple, but it works.

New Logo

tv_tropolis.jpg

Old Logo

prime.gif

Looks like a giant step backward, in my opinion.

Are you joking. Take another look at the Prime logo, but this time notice all the terrible things about it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Are you joking. Take another look at the Prime logo, but this time notice all the terrible things about it.

Yeah, but the half-moon could be made into some kind of an icon, but when you use the colored bars/cityscape deal, at least in one color, it's going to be a little harder to distinguish.

At least, that's what I think. I don't know much/anything about Canadian TV, so I don't know if the Prime logo is very iconic. I just don't see how seven escalating bars can be.

the tvtropolis logo is pretty good for it's name, although i would have done a few things differently.

i like the idea of a "metropolis" silhouette, but i would have maybe assigned building heights to the letters in the logo...for example, the "t" is .20" high while the "v" is .22" and the "o" is .15", based on a 26 letter alphabet....sorta like this:

tvtropolis.gif

pretty simple idea, that can be used for all their branding purposes.

the tvtropolis logo is pretty good for it's name, although i would have done a few things differently.

i like the idea of a "metropolis" silhouette, but i would have maybe assigned building heights to the letters in the logo...for example, the "t" is .20" high while the "v" is .22" and the "o" is .15", based on a 26 letter alphabet....sorta like this:

tvtropolis.gif

OK idea, but then you lose the (I think more important) connection to the test pattern.

It's where I sit.

tvtropolis.gif

OK idea, but then you lose the (I think more important) connection to the test pattern.

which isn't a bad thing, since a test pattern generally means nothing is on. right?

Honestly, the buildings in the TVtropolis logo are extremely well designed and very easy to read. The logo you've created here, Joel, is much harder to read because of the clutter. I think there are too many letters in TVtropolis for each letter to have a building. The 7 buildings in the original is about perfect, in my opinion. I think it's really well designed, and byt the way, I am in love with the typography style that's been used here.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Honestly, the buildings in the TVtropolis logo are extremely well designed and very easy to read. The logo you've created here, Joel, is much harder to read because of the clutter. I think there are too many letters in TVtropolis for each letter to have a building. The 7 buildings in the original is about perfect, in my opinion. I think it's really well designed, and byt the way, I am in love with the typography style that's been used here.

i don't disagree, especially since i did that mockup in between typing what i typed and hitting the "add reply" button....basically i was just satisfying my own curiosity.

I agree with tempest on this one. The new logo makes several statements at once, without clutter. I think this logo is could become timeless.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Yeah, but the half-moon could be made into some kind of an icon, but when you use the colored bars/cityscape deal, at least in one color, it's going to be a little harder to distinguish.

You can always greyscale the bars, leaving the shame of the test pattern of the bars as the distinguishing identity in place.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• 2 weeks later...
Were they [Prime] related to Global? It looks like the same old logo and they must have changed since Global changed theirs.

With one or two exceptions, the Canadian networks owned by CanWest Global all have or have had the arc logo. This includes the Global network, Prime (now TVtropolis), the CH channels, and DejaView. CanWest is starting to employ new branding on many of these channels. The first was Global with their "greater than" branding. TVtropolis followed suit. It looks like CH may follow suit this fall, quite possibly with a new name to boot.

I have to watch M*A*S*H on Tv-Tropolis now?

No, you GET to watch M*A*S*H on it now! :D

They added some new shows to their repetoir too, so I'm happy.

M*A*S*H, Frasier, and Married... with Children all in the same block is amazing.

The logo that they keep in the bottom right corner of the screen is way too big though... they leave the bars in and it's annoying

Archived