Washington capitals?

Steve-O

heres the shot i was given and made the image above out of ... i cut out the shoulder patches and pieced them together .. you can see its a capital dome, the wordmark CAPITALS and a flag in the background. Seems similar to their alternate logo now.

newcapsjersey.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just realized where I've seen that logo before. It was in one of Sabres concepts. Although Sabres colored it differently.

I think that eagle and shoulder patch is better than the current dome logo. But the Eagle on the current logo is IMO the best Caps logo.

• 7 months later...

well... i've come up with a slight dilemma... :)

which is more acceptable? bumping a post from several months ago? or starting a new thread on a topic that's already been discussed.... i decided bumping would be the best bet.. but i'm scared i'd be damned if i do, and damned if i don't.

anyway, the reason i wanted to resurect this topic, is because i'm very interested in getting a copy of the rejected caps logos, and none of these images work any longer.

does anyone have them still? if so, can you either send them to me or repost them on the forum?

OK, I gotta ask a couple stupid questions here. I can't see any of the pics you guys are posting, they won't load or download for me. And what is TESS?

read my message... the reason why none of these links work anymore, is because i bumped this thread from serveral months ago, in hopes of getting them to re-upload the logos.

and tess is, if i'm not mistaken, where you can see what logos get copyrights... you can often times see a team's logo before it gets released, because they need to get it finalized before the unveil it. however, those logos tend to be 2 tone black and white images, in poor quality, and often times well hidden.

sorry if this bump caused any confusion.

OK, I gotta ask a couple stupid questions here. I can't see any of the pics you guys are posting, they won't load or download for me. And what is TESS?

read my message... the reason why none of these links work anymore, is because i bumped this thread from serveral months ago, in hopes of getting them to re-upload the logos.

and tess is, if i'm not mistaken, where you can see what logos get copyrights... you can often times see a team's logo before it gets released, because they need to get it finalized before the unveil it. however, those logos tend to be 2 tone black and white images, in poor quality, and often times well hidden.

sorry if this bump caused any confusion.

TESS stands for Trademark Electronic Search System, and is an online tool of the USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office). Often a team's new logo will show up there before it is released to the general public. The images are usually grainy and black and white, but they're more than clear enough to give us a good idea of what it will look like.

...and there isn't anything wrong with bumping an old topic to post relevant new information in it, the key word being "relevant".

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I made some pretty accurate vector versions of these logos sometime last year, including the shoulder logo. I can't remeber where got my references from, but I'll post them up here. I'm at work so I don't have access to them right now, but I'll make sure to post them when i get home.

Archived