Blue Jackets Concept

eRay

I was looking at current hockey jerseys after my latest concept (Thrashers) and the CBJ unis stuck out at me. they look good, but with the logos they rarely use and colors they stray from, i know they could be a lot better. this is my stab at it. i kept some current elements in an attempt to keep them skating with a similar look.

cbj.png

C&C appreciated

I absolutely love the Confederate soldier hat logo. i say ditch the "CBJ" crest they have now and go full time with the hat and use the Ohio flag logo as the secondary. just my two cents.

~UJ

I absolutely love the Confederate soldier hat logo. i say ditch the "CBJ" crest they have now and go full time with the hat and use the Ohio flag logo as the secondary. just my two cents.

~UJ

Psst... that's a Union soldier's cap. note the navy blue. ;)

Anywho, the striping in general is way too big imo. I've been tinkering with a new Blue Jackets Jersey for a while, and to be honest, their home jerseys are on the short list of the best looking jerseys in the NHL. What I would do is design a new logo to include a stylized Union Soldier, which would finally bring some sense to the team's identity.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

This is really good, but I gotta say that the gray striping on the white jersey looks out of place. It doesn't look that way on the blue jersey, but on the white one, it looks awkward.

GOOD: new crest with Union battle cap; keeping the "C/flag" patches for the shoulders; toning down the overabundance of stars (it's Ohio's capital, not a nation's; unless the stars worked out to total 17 - like on the Ohio state flag for being our 17th state - it was overkill).

BAD: continuing the use of an awful lettering font (especially using a lowercase "n" as a capital "N"... nitpicky but still, it's a horrible font); continued use of Copperplate for numbers; the overlapping the perpendicular wrist stripes over the arm-length stripes then continuing the arm-length stripe beyond the wrist stripe; dyssymetry between colored elements; it's not so much that the hem stripes don't match the wrist stripes in terms of number or color, but the fact that it doesn't match the wrist stripes OR the arm-length stripes. Not a lot of uniformity to the design, which detracts from the concept overall. You could use any of the patterns you have, but using them all is a bad mix.

QUESTIONABLE: on the home jersey, using red numbers on a blue sweater. Red numbers don't show up well on blue - both are primary colors and are dominant, dark tones. Didn't work for the Patriots in the early 1990s; won't work here, even with a contrasting outline.

OVERALL: not too bad, and a lot of promise - but it needs some tinkering.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like that logo alot as a secondary. However I think the Kepis hat (or Kepi cap) in a stylized C would look better. I'm not sold on the jerseys style though. Perhaps the stripe pattern could mimic the unique style of the Ohio flag.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

BAD: continuing the use of an awful lettering font (especially using a lowercase "n" as a capital "N"... nitpicky but still, it's a horrible font); continued use of Copperplate for numbers;

Copperplate would not have been my first choice as a number font, but I have seen other number fonts on Blue Jackets jerseys and I have to say that copperplate works the best. A standard block paired with the jerseys they use is very rigid and strict and makes the whole uniform boring. Impact, like the junior blue jackets use just looks like a knockoff. I did see a guy with a jersey that had numbers in a font similar to what the Jacksonville Jaguars use and he put it on his white jersey. The numbers were navy blue, outlined in silver, and then outined in red. That actually looked pretty sweet. Maybe you could try doing that. And i would use the star as the primary logo. I think it symbolizes what the team's name is and the cap logo, just kind of backs it up.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived