World Cup Concept

Drew22

Here is an Idea I had for World Cup GK shirts. I made them look like the countries national flag. I could'nt find a soccer temp so I used a rugby temp. Tell me what you think. He is Group A:

groupA.png

C&C- More coming soon.

DRew

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

VERY unoriginal.

There is alot of potential in making jerseys/kits/whatever resemble the flag of their nation... however, simply pasting a template over the flag is NOT the way to go.

C- for idea.

F for execution.

You're going to run into a problem with almost every team in the World Cup on this concept.

Goalies wear jerseys that make them stand out from the players on their team, so that the referees can clearly see which one player per side can touch the ball with his hands. Since most teams use their national flag's colors very heavily in their national team uniforms (with conspicuous exceptions like the Netherlands, Italy Australia, Germany... and I guess you could argue Brazil, since green is the basis for their flag yet their uniforms are almost entirely blue and gold with some green trim), the goalies won't stand out from their teammates.

Sorry, but this is doomed from the start.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I knew before I started this that it would work with some teams and not with others. Even if it may not work I will still continue. As for the jerseys I drew the stripes in with paint tools not a picture of the flag put on a template. The only thing copied was the seal seen on the next 4. Group B:groupb.png

DRew

mmm the Aussie and US shirts would look pretty messed up

THose two will look are going to be hard to draw. Lots of little details. I'll give a shot though.

Drew

mmm the Aussie and US shirts would look pretty messed up

I agree. You're gonna need a while for the US one. I would put the stars on the left sleeve. But a pretty good iddea altogether.

--Duck Tape

Me is back

I agree with everyone else, as it is important to remember that the colors will mix with the rest of the team, causing confusion. If you really wanted to put flags on jerseys, you should of made them part of the uniform rather than just pasting it onto the shirts. With these, they are poorly done with little effort.

Archived