Old trends coming back

baseballking99

I was wondering what old trends everyone wanted to come back into the world of uniforms.

I would like:

-Certain baseball teams to wear the caps with the front panel white or a diffrent color than the rest of the cap.

-a few powder blue road uni teams.

-All players with high socks wear mid height stirrups.

-The mets to wear blue all the time with no or very little black.

-No under armour/performance shirts worn with vests

yankees-1.png

I was wondering what old trends everyone wanted to come back into the world of uniforms.

I would like:

-Certain baseball teams to wear the caps with the front panel white or a diffrent color than the rest of the cap.

-No those looked awful

-No there is a reason why powder blue is no longor worn. They are tacky and look awful (especially with dirt on them).

-No again it looks bad. The technology exist now for colored socks there is no need for stirrups.

- If you mean the cap I agree. If you mean a blue jersey with blue pants that would be an eyesore.

- I really don't care one way or anpther.

Can't say I really agree with you.

I would like:

-Maybe. Some of them looked pretty good. See Montreal Expos.

-No way, the powder blue is a nasty color. It just looks odd, and shouldn't be brought back.

-You wouldn't really need this. The socks look fine in almost all cases.

-Maybe a blue alternate, but stick with a white home and gray road.

-Doesn't matter too much. It should be a players personal decision and preference.

I can only somewhat agree with you about the caps with the front panel a different color than the rest of the cap.

-No way, the powder blue is a nasty color. It just looks odd, and shouldn't be brought back.

09c09000.jpg

You're telling me this doesn't look good?

Yes.

I'm sure it'll have a renaissance someday...someday when my grandkids bury me.

The Kansas City Royals should bring back the powder blue roads. Other than that, I'd say no.

Chris

And the Phillies. Phillies fans have essentially adopted powder blue as an official team color anyway*, so the team might as well go along. Plus the Phillies are the worst offenders in the league in terms of wearing road "grays" that are so light that they are essentially white. Whatever the aesthetics of this or that shade of blue, a switch by the Phillies would make for objectively superior road uniforms. Uglier, if you don't like how powder blue looks, but better uniforms as uniforms nonetheless.

*Actually, some of the maroon and powder blue merchandise you see so many Phillies fans wearing at games looks pretty good. If the Phillies brought back the style and logo of their early-1980s maroon pinstriped uniforms, switched to powder blue roads, and maybe even made the P on their road caps powder blue instead of white, they might just be the best-dressed team in the division.

20082614447.png

I'm gonna reword and illustrate what I said before because I dont think everyone understood what I was saying.

- I would like if a team or two switched or added a front panel hat. I dont want all of these teams to change just one or two to add diversity to the league where all the caps are solid colored.

gyjgfjghjg.png

- I also would like to see one or two teams wear powder blues mainly the royals or the phillies for the same reason as before which is to add diversity.

mn-ph80r-14.jpg

- I would like to see players who wear their pants high wear stirrups because they look good and are only used in baseball. Not because of the technology.

200SEVEN.jpg

- I think the mets should go back to wearing blue caps and socks. Not full blue unis

gvkm.png

-My last suggestion is that players who are on a vested team not wear the tight underarmour shirts. I kno the are more comfertable but get the looge version because the tight ones dont look right.

guyiugj.png

I hope this is more clear

yankees-1.png

09c09000.jpg

You're telling me this doesn't look good?

Yes.

I'm sure it'll have a renaissance someday...someday when my grandkids bury me.

I think if teams ever went back to wearing powdr blue roads, it'd look best if it was a lot lighter. And i'd like to see it be the royals and cardinals. And yes I think SOME front-panel hats would look really nice.

ie:colou2r.png

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I think if teams ever went back to wearing powdr blue roads, it'd look best if it was a lot lighter. And i'd like to see it be the royals and cardinals. And yes I think SOME front-panel hats would look really nice.

ie:colou2r.png

Absolutely! When the White Sox bucked tradition and introduced powder blue in 1965, it was much paler than later versions (due to the fabric of the day), but they looked better IMO.

chi.jpg

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

The Kansas City Royals should bring back the powder blue roads. Other than that, I'd say no.

Chris

And the Phillies. Phillies fans have essentially adopted powder blue as an official team color anyway*, so the team might as well go along. Plus the Phillies are the worst offenders in the league in terms of wearing road "grays" that are so light that they are essentially white. Whatever the aesthetics of this or that shade of blue, a switch by the Phillies would make for objectively superior road uniforms. Uglier, if you don't like how powder blue looks, but better uniforms as uniforms nonetheless.

*Actually, some of the maroon and powder blue merchandise you see so many Phillies fans wearing at games looks pretty good. If the Phillies brought back the style and logo of their early-1980s maroon pinstriped uniforms, switched to powder blue roads, and maybe even made the P on their road caps powder blue instead of white, they might just be the best-dressed team in the division.

How dark the grey uniforms are or aren't seems to be BallWonk's pet cause.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Absolutely! When the White Sox bucked tradition and introduced powder blue in 1965, it was much paler than later versions (due to the fabric of the day), but they looked better IMO.

chi.jpg

Sorry, but the Sox didn't introduce powder blue. That would be the Cubs who wore it from 1941-'42:

nl_1941_chicago.gif

Moose

Absolutely!  When the White Sox bucked tradition and introduced powder blue in 1965, it was much paler than later versions (due to the fabric of the day), but they looked better IMO.

chi.jpg

Sorry, but the Sox didn't introduce powder blue. That would be the Cubs who wore it from 1941-'42:

nl_1941_chicago.gif

Moose

I stand corrected -- I wasn't aware of that...

Very cool uni, in fact. :)

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

just my thoughts

I LOVED the powder blue road unis

players should be FORCED to wear socks WITH stirrups..its classic baseball!

BLACK has no business in the Mets uniforms

the different color hats did have a nice look to them (especially the orioles one)

- I also would like to see one or two teams wear powder blues mainly the royals or the phillies for the same reason as before which is to add diversity.

Diversity in baseball...NEVER! :D

there again baseball has a nice rich history in diversity. in fact their roads is a nice reflection of their rich history in diversity.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived