It's Summer...so Thad's Concepts are Back

Thad

ASUbaseball.png

C&C please and thank you.

I think I'm feeling an ASU concept series coming

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

as an appalachian state alum of 03, i have to reply to this. it does need a little cleaning up. youve got to add something more than just the "A". add "STATE", "APPALACHIAN STATE", or "MOUNTAINEERS", i wish i had my appstate baseball concept to show you.,

appsiggold.png

Honestly, it leaves me wanting a little more. With such great colors and a relatively rare nickname (outside of WVU, at least), there's a lot more that could be done with this. I agree with Smith - "Mountaineers" or "Appalachian" would help a little; the "A" by itself will confuse people if you get too far outside of Boone.

Technical comments:

1. Cleaning this up would elminate a lot of distractions. The white spaces draw the eye to where you don't want us looking.

2. Try searching for logos that are more legible at a scaled-down size. You can't read the "Mountaineers" written across your large "A", and the fine outline striping pattern around the "A" becomes a jumble. It looks like you shrunk down a logo that wasn't scalable, and you're left with a lot of blurriness.

3. Front number on the jerseys: too small, WAY too far down on the torso. That'll be covered by pants when it's tucked in.

4. You gave the concept two pairs of white pants. Is there really a need for a pair with stripes and a pair without them? Seems like overkill...

5. No sleeve patches?

6. Colored vests with contrast color undershirts usually don't come out looking right. If you're going to go with vests, white and gray tend to work better - less contrast, and a less busy look.

Call it a good start, but there's work yet to be done.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

alright thanks guys, I'll start working on the revisions right now

App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Honestly, it leaves me wanting a little more. With such great colors and a relatively rare nickname (outside of WVU, at least), there's a lot more that could be done with this. I agree with Smith - "Mountaineers" or "Appalachian" would help a little; the "A" by itself will confuse people if you get too far outside of Boone.

Technical comments:

1. Cleaning this up would elminate a lot of distractions. The white spaces draw the eye to where you don't want us looking.

2. Try searching for logos that are more legible at a scaled-down size. You can't read the "Mountaineers" written across your large "A", and the fine outline striping pattern around the "A" becomes a jumble. It looks like you shrunk down a logo that wasn't scalable, and you're left with a lot of blurriness.

3. Front number on the jerseys: too small, WAY too far down on the torso. That'll be covered by pants when it's tucked in.

4. You gave the concept two pairs of white pants. Is there really a need for a pair with stripes and a pair without them? Seems like overkill...

5. No sleeve patches?

6. Colored vests with contrast color undershirts usually don't come out looking right. If you're going to go with vests, white and gray tend to work better - less contrast, and a less busy look.

Call it a good start, but there's work yet to be done.

you give maybe the best c&c in this whole community keep it up.

Dom

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

check the top post....

better now?

Redmond Rampage

really? thats odd, its got my new one up on my screen

Redmond Rampage

I see new uniforms.

Overall: much better.

Questions:

1. Why black/gold/black striping on the pants that isn't reflected anywhere else?

2. Why single black piping on the roads but not on the home? (Looks unbalanced.)

3. Why no matching pipiing on the road sleeves? (Looks unbalanced, for a different reason.)

Final thought: there's something about the perspective of the wordmark I just can't agree with. Either the lower slant of the wordmark, or the black shadow trailing from the capital "A", but something looks amiss to my eye, but I can't figure out just what.

Still: better. Nicely done.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived