New Sport

about four years ago, I created a sport with a mix of rules from both American football and rugby. I intend to get this patented soon. I think it's a really great game and I would love to get this considered one day. But, I have been thinking up a name for it for a while. I came up with Rooby a few years back. Sort of a play on words of both football and rugby. Some of the other names were Runball, Austro-American Football a.k.a. Aus-Am Football, and something else I came up with. I have forgotten, it was a few years ago. I have made a few fantasy leagues using this concept and many people have loved it. But, is the name I have for it good? Can this be a possible fantasy league related sport in the future?

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

sounds like a cool game. Is it a very complicated game?

Actually not at all. You know how you have four downs in football? Well, in this sport, u have five chances to get to the opposing teams goal line. If you fail to do so, the ball is turned over and vice versa. So, it's a fast paced game where the action never stops. Unless there is a penalty or something else that will stop play. But, the scoring system is easy as well.

So you just invented Rugby League?

Wikipedia-Rugby League

National Rugby League

funny thing when you think about it...a game very similar to modern rugby league was briefly played in the US...starting when that Camp fella added a line of scrimmage and ending with the forward pass.

yeah, funny thing about that year scrimmage was introduced(1881)...some of the boys at Princeton quickly saw that they could hold the ball for a whole half without trying to score, and did this often...so the next year, they solved that problem by introducing downs & distance...which led to a new type of field marking I think we're all familiar with now ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

So you just invented Rugby League?

Wikipedia-Rugby League

National Rugby League

no, no. This is not rugby league. It's rugby rules mixed with american football rules. I can post the rules to the sport I have created, but I'll type it when I get some free time. Maybe later, my computer has been acting up and I'll be taking it in to get fixed. I won't get it back for about a week, maybe two. Who knows. But, I'll get to it when I can.

Archived